Spend two weeks here in desperation to heal myself..it didn't work at all.....so here are somethings I found, If you have sort of allergy, Intolerance, allergy, diabetic, weight loss, detox, crohns, colitis, inflammation, mood issues, mirgranes, just did colonics, candida or any issue with food do not at all eat in the dining hall!
Against all doctors orders as well the food contained some deep fried foods, wheat spaghetti, butter, little bit of cheese, filo pastry, cakes, gluten egg noodles, dairy yoghurt, sugar filled granola, gluten soy sauce in every dish plus there are no labels of what is inside the food which is actually quite dangerous !! Even all natural juices had added sugar in which people complained about a lot! (Kitchen / dining Staff cannot speak much English...... I ended up very nutrient depleted and hungry!
The joy juice bar also only carries cows milk- it's really not that hard to get rice, almond, chia, hemp, coconut, nut milk it is labelled a 'health' spa right? (30 minutes drive to nearest health store/supermarket) I didn't know going to a "health"spa to bring vitamins and food or even some green tea!
The real doctor although very good only comes in once a week. So if you have any issues you have to wait or go to the hospital. Even though we were told it was a "24hour" service. The clinic is quite overpriced so the same as Europe but with no coverage. Around 2.5months salary for 12 day stay including the room and food not travel.
Rooms and very very simple unclean and tatty for the high price paid and filled with mould and grime especially in the pool facilities. Most people I got told just stayed outside then came for the lectures and left.
Wifi is ok at some parts of the place when it's working but need to log in several times a day for some reason! Lots of bugs, stray dogs and cats so be-careful. So do your research well and know what you are getting yourself.
Apparently it was quite different a few years back according to many people.
Anyway the flowers, trees, instructors, staff and masseurs are very professional and nice.
It would also be nice to have a clothes and shoes donation box as lots of people like myself throw away old or worn clothes.
Would also be nice to have more exercise classes there is only one hour a week provided.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Destination Spa Resort in Thailand Tao Garden Health Spa & Resort is a truly natural holistic health spa and awarded as an excellence destination spa in Thailand. We provide unique combination of Thai and Chinese massage therapies, Burnout Detox cleansing packages and a wide range of holistic health treatments. Tao Garden Health Spa & Resort offers full services of accommodation, integrative holistic clinic, organic food, salt swimming pool, morning & evening exercise, recreation activities, free Wi-Fi, etc. Guests can enjoy and revitalize body, mind and spirit with good air, good water, good food, good chi, good heart, good intention. Only 30 minutes from downtown, you will find the source of natural Health & Longevity Secrets. ...welcome to Pakua Clinic located at Tao Garden Health Spa & Resort is excellence experience over 16 years in Healing Holistic & Alternative Medicine and the best Destination Spa, organized by Tourism Authority of Thailand. We offer every guest a total lifestyle transformation to achieve wellness and good energy with a full range of healing treatments, the focus of our program is on detoxification, healing, balancing and rejuvenating your mind and body. Our staff of expert health professionals includes Medical Doctor, Naturopathic Doctor, Traditional Chinese Doctor, Nurse, Medical Technologist, Physical Therapist and Medical Consultant. Also during the season we will have Universal Healing Tao Instructor and Visiting Practitioner around the planet to offer you a retreat with their knowledge at the place of healing harmony here at Tao Garden. On arrival you are offered a complimentary Health and Wellness consultation including Physical examination and consultation 15 minutes. This is designed around your goals and objectives, your current state of health and ability to achieve those goals. Your advisor will help you achieve the most out of your stay by devising a personal program of treatments and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, Agoda, lastminute.com.au, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Tao Garden Health Spa & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tao Garden Health Spa And Resort
- Tao Garden Health Hotel Chiang Mai
- Tao Garden Health Spa & Resort Chiang Mai Province/Doi Saket, Thailand