Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
eDreams
Priceline
All reviews night market free shuttle petting zoo chiang mai bike rental conference botanical pools grounds meeting city animals deer lakes orchids ride beauty
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 August 2012

I went recently with my family. When we got into our room it was full of mosquitoes, and I mean there was at least 200. How do I know this, because I spent a bit of time killing them and still did not get all of them. The resort is very isolated from Chiang Mai so if you want to go into town or do something out side of the resort, it is probably not a good option. The gardens and zoo are nice but once again, it was bug central. We ate at the restaurant at the club house and I received food poisoning here which made an interesting night. I would not stay there again.

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
6  Thank teargas
horizonvillageresort, Owner at Horizon Village and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2012

Dear Valuedguest,
Thank you for staying with us and for taking your valuable time to share your feedback here on TripAdvisor.
This is raining season we put the sign in the guest room to remind our guest not to leave the door open . Because this is the resort which has trees all over. It might have mosquitoes which would bother you.Also every rooms has lotion and fragrance spray for mosquito protection. I appreciate your kind comments on our hotel and services and hope we may welcome you again in the near future.
With our regards,
Chalarng Sesaweech
Owner of Horizon village and Tweechol botanic garden

Reviewed 21 August 2012

There are so many hotel offerings in Chiang Mai that I had difficulty choosing one. I should have been a little more careful in my selection because I chose a location that was out of the city center and that made it inconvenient. However, on a positive note, Horizon Village bordered the Tweechol Botanical Gardens which offered an exquisite location. The service was very good, but we were limited to the times the van transported guests out of the area. We could only visit the Night Market at 7PM and were returned to the hotel at 10PM. The same was true for the shuttle to the airport (times were limited). In addition, the tour we booked at Elephant Nature Park had to charge us more (a small amount) to pick us up at Horizon Village since it was out of their way. All in all, I would say this is a good, clean, and comfortable spot if you are looking for solitude. However if you are a night person and want more sights and sounds you should stay in the city center.

Date of stay: August 2012
2  Thank Bee53
chalarng, Manager at Horizon Village and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2012

To Valued guest,

We must apologise most sincerely about any inconvenience and try our best to improve our work.However,we are pleased to see your nice pictures of Tweechol botanic garden.I appreciate your kind comments on our hotel and services and hope we may welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 21 July 2012

5 of us stayed at the Horizon for 2 weeks and had a great time. Very impressed with every aspect of this place. Absolutely beautiful grounds and great service. We really liked the location, just outside of Chiang Mai but close enough to visit. Rooms were very nice and very clean. The General Manager, Seewapong Kumwang, checked in on us to make sure everything was good. He was a great host. Would highly recommend this place to anyone.

Room tip: We stayed in Horizon II, but I'm sure all of the areas are good.
Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
5  Thank Dave C
Reviewed 16 July 2012

We were the fourth time in the Horizon, and it was always a beautiful place to stay. Very nice rooms, friendly staff and good food. Beautiful surroundings, clean pools and tranquility away from the city. We will come back and look forward to our next stay.

Date of stay: June 2012
3  Thank Joachim K
Chalarng S, Owner at Horizon Village and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2014

Dear Guest,

Greeting from Horizon village and Tweechol botanic garden.

I would like to thank you for staying with us .Please apologize us if there was anything that was not satisfied you or made you feel uncomfortable. Please do not hesitate to suggest us . We look forward to seeing you once again.

With respectfully,
Chalarng

Reviewed 12 July 2012

I have never experience such hotel really enjoyed fantastic surrounding garden wooooow clean lovely staff very welcoming. I met with owners couple great people lovely enjoyed staying. I would recommend to all when you visi chiang Mai then this is the hotel don't go away....

SALMAN