See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 July 2015 via mobile

The villa is set on what can only be described as the most stunning location. Set on an outcrop the views are second to none! We sat on the terrace watching the sunset and the hotel manager couldn't have made us feel more welcome!
Highly recommend a visit even for a fleeting drop in drink!

Date of stay: June 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank mrob1988
Reviewed 29 September 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a wedding nearby in Sep 2014. The hotel offers all of the basic accommodations one could want although its furnishings and decor could be updated and modernized. It reminded me a bit of an old Howard Johnson's. The room was very clean though. The views are nice, it was quiet, and the breakfast buffet was perfectly fine (croissants, coffee, hardboiled eggs and cheese). There's not much to say about it other than it was "just fine" for a night. It wasn't particularly memorable, but it wasn't bad either. The Korean woman who manages the property could work a little on her people skills. She is not interested AT ALL in interacting with the guests. She's very efficient and all business, but we we were barely at the hotel so it didn't really bother us.

Date of stay: September 2014
1  Thank CherryBerrry
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Villa Tavolese is located in a very small town of Marcialla, but perfectly situated with in 30 minutes of many great Tuscan sites such as Florence, San Gimingnano, Volterra, Sienna, and the Chianti region with its many wonderful small towns. The price is about $100 per night including a breakfast of coffee, juices, rolls and coissants, fruit, cold cuts, cereals, yogurt, toast and jams (cheese and hard boiled eggs have dissappeared since 2009; I presume due to the economy.) The rooms are large, comfortable; beds are large and comfortable; bathrooms are large with shower en suite. The view from the rooms is wonderful; generally a southwest exposure to view the Tuscan sunsets. Pool is very nice, but don't expect warm water in late September or October. Area restaurants are excellent; but all food is quite pricey in Italy. Expect to pay $20-40 per person including a beer or glass of wine. McDonalds, thank God, is no where to be found. Fernando, Tracey, and Gina were all very helpful especially with restaurant reservations and travel tips.

Room tip: Room 126 on the thrid level with a southwest exposure to the setting Tuscan sun is wonderful!
Date of stay: September 2012
2  Thank jhoff6951
Reviewed 24 August 2012

I had my wedding at the villa and I can't say enough good things about Tavolese. I planned a wedding from very far away and that comes with a lot of stress but when I got there the villa, the scenery and the location were everything I'd hoped they would be and more. And the staff, Fernando was helpful every step of the way and I couldn't have done it without him. My guests had a great time and I am so grateful.

Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank SarahG827
Reviewed 2 May 2012

we stayed 2 nights and it was perfect!
the location is amazing, you see, smell, fell tuscany!
the view with pool is awesome!!
rooms are big, clean, try to get a room with val d elsa view.
breakfast was good, lots of food
staff were friendly except for that asian woman.
i would defenitely go back there as soon as possible!!
also, marcialla is a small villlage right from a tuscan movie. no tourists, 2 small restaurants, perfecto!

Room tip: get a room 115!
Date of stay: May 2012