“A Solid Gold Value but needs a little TLC”
Paki Maui Pool-Jaccuzi
Dining
Bedroom
Koi Pond -Waterfalls
Lanai
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
ductbert
Normal, Illinois
“A Solid Gold Value but needs a little TLC”
Reviewed 7 July 2015 for a stay in June 2015
person found this review helpful

This property has potential for a five star rating. The location and value are unbeatable. However, we encountered a bunch of minor issues with the property that lowered our overall satisfaction. I would stay again even if these issues were not addressed, but I can't give it a five star rating until then.

Location and value are the top two attributes of this property. A shopping plaza with a grocery store and small eateries (L&L BBQ, Subway, etc) and a gas station with ABC Store are within walking distance. A short drive will get you to Black Rock beach for some of the best snorkeling on Maui. The rental rates are unbelievably reasonable for Maui (the Maui Revealed Guidebook states that lodging costs are usually highest on Maui compared to the other major islands). We booked rentals on Oahu, Kauai and Maui for this trip and this place had the lowest rate - less than $900 for six days and five nights (after return of security deposit). The rate alone is more than enough reason to stay here again.

The rental was clean and tidy when we arrived. However, we found a number of minor issues during our visit that diminished the experience. One of the lamps didn't have a light bulb in it. The blinds on the lanai doors were broken held together with twist ties (the blinds need to be replaced). The first time I tried to open them the handle came off. There were some small ants in the kitchen crawling up through a gap in the grout next to the sink (not many, but we kept finding them daily and dousing them with vinegar). A Terro trap under the dishwasher should eliminate those buggers. The kitchen ventilation fan (built into the microwave) did not work. The handles on the pots and pans were so loose I was afraid they would come off. There was no working can opener in the utencil drawer. The wi-fi signal was very weak and kept dropping connections. The shower had no place to set down toiletries (a suction-cup mounted toiletry shelf with hooks would fix that). The shower curtain kept blowing inwards (a heavier curtain with magnets would prevent that). The ceiling fan in the bedroom only had one speed--too darn slow to make a difference. A clothesline or some hooks to hang things to dry on the lanai would be useful (there were some broken hooks out there).

I give the property four stars because of the outstanding value and location. Without those I would give it three. If some of these items were addressed I'd give it five. If all of them were addressed, I'd give six. I'd stay there again even in the condition we experienced, but a little TLC will definitely up the rating.

I'd like to end my review with a word of warning to those who can't live without air conditioning. This vacation rental, along with most others like it, relies upon the cool sea breezes to keep it comfortable. If you get those breezes to flow freely through the windows then it can be comfortable (the breezes were there most of the time for our visit but sometimes they didn't enter the room). However, if you do not get those breezes, the place can turn into a sweat box. The only escape is the shower or rental car. If you cannot tolerate the potential discomfort of not having air conditioning then you should consider staying at a hotel or resort that has it.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location and value
Liked least: Lack of upkeep
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
17 Sep 2015
Thanks for the review. I don`t always get news of shortcomings from my housekeeper. As you know she does a excellent job of cleaning but not that great of communicating. I have ordered new vertical blinds and they will be installed as soon as they arrive. I`ve notified management and they`re on top of the ant problem. A new shower curtain is on the way as well as new pots and pans. The ceiling fan has a pull chain to adjust the speed as well as the wall switch. Not sure if you knew that. Sorry I can`t do anything about the A/C. The majority of oceanfront condos don`t have it. The trade winds generally take care of the heat 90% of the time.
Thanks for the input. It is greatly appreciated.
Matteo501...
Los Angeles, California
“For this price.. one more week !!”
Reviewed 23 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014
people found this review helpful

The apartment was everything we expected, in a good way. The pictures show the property as it is, and it was very close to everything. There was access to the beach behind the property, although we didn't really go to that beach. More importantly, the apartment was clean and without issues. We couldn't have asked for a better place at the price. The kitchen was fully stocked with dishes to cook and eat. The bed was reasonably comfortable. The unit came with beach chairs and an umbrella, which was a nice surprise. Overall, we'd recommend this place to friends if they were visiting Maui.

Canada
Reviewed 17 December 2013 for a stay in December 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway Older travelers
17 Dec 2013
Thank you Charlene. So glad I met with your expectations on your first condo rental. Come back and stay with us again some time.
Aloha,
Bill
Albury NSW Australia
Reviewed 8 October 2013 for a stay in September 2013
person found this review helpful

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
8 Oct 2013
Hi Winsome,
I`m always so pleased when I hear I helped in some way to make my guest`s vacation a pleasurable one. I`m very glad you enjoyed your stay. It sounds like you had a wonderful time. I hope you come back to Maui again some time.
Aloha,
Bill
karenjerr...
Durham, Canada
“Enjoyed whale watching from the shore.”
Reviewed 16 April 2013 for a stay in March 2013

Great location to explore Maui from. Reasonable price for this property. Close to amenities. Loved sitting on beachfront watching whales and sea turtles. Great sunsets. Take advantage of the travel agent in the lobby for discounts on various tours. View of garden from our lanai was blocked by large palm and coconut trees.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Being right on the ocean
Liked least: Public jacuzzi not working
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing