“Great place!”

Happy Elephant Home
More attraction details
Owner description: Why choose Happy Elephant home? Our day has been designed to give you a wonderful experience without riding, hurting or exploiting these beautiful animals. Come and experience a fantastic day ,helping us take care of these amazing creatures. Spend the day feeding, bathing and learning interesting facts about Asian Elephants in their natural environment.
Useful Information: Baby buggy parking, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

They treat the elephants so good. We even gave them food. They were so happy. We took them to shower as well. Lunch was great! Can definitely recommend.

All reviews
"read the reviews"
"intimate experience"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We did a half day visit and it was incredible! They keep the groups very small (12ish people) so we got a LOT of time with the elephants. Highly recommend this place!!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Myself and three of my friends really wanted to go to an elephant sanctuary whilst in Chang mai, but we only wanted to go to one where the elephants were treated well and cruelty free. We researched a lot and decided on happy elephant home. It ended up being just us four on the day so we had a private tour with four elephants (three older ones and a baby), it was AMAZING. We changed into traditional dress so the elephants would be comfortable around us, and then cut up sugar cane and bananas for the elephants to eat. Our tour guide was amazing telling us so much interesting information about the elephants and their backgrounds (where they had come from) and how they had been working elephants previously. We had time to have some photos, feed them and play with them and then we walked them down to the river where all four got in to cool down and we joined them! We bathed them, splashed them and they lay down so we could massage them and they loved it! After a while the elephants got out and played for a bit and we headed back where we had a traditional Thai meal which we could cook for ourselves (so tasty)! One of the best days ever truly amazing

Reviewed 13 March 2018

This was one of the best days of my life to date! We arrived and had something to eat and were given some traditional clothes to wear so that the Elephants would recognise us like they do the people who work there; I ended up wearing this bright pink shirt and my sisters matched mine!

We then watched a guy cut pumpkin with a machete, and everyone who wanted a go got to try it. I'll admit it was fun, though a bit daunting to be holding it! We also got to cut sugar cane, which was really fun. My siblings and I had a competition on who could cut the best piece and it was fun as anything.

Then we got to spend time with the Elephants. My youngest brother, who was 5 at the time, got a hug from the baby Elephant! He was a little wary but he had such a good time. After that we all trekked down to the river with the Elephants; they weren't prodded in that direction or anything they just started walking and that signaled that it was river time.

We had a lot of fun splashing around with the Elephants in the river, one of the got out after a few minutes but no one tried to force him back into the water which was nice. Once they were all out they threw dust on themselves and walked back.

This next bit was my absolute FAVOURITE part of the entire day...two of the Elephants jumped into a mud bath, and I got in with them. It was amazing, I dragged my sister and mum in with me but the others didn't want to. It was such a surreal experience and definitely one I will never forget.

I would recommend Happy Elephant Home to anyone visiting the area who wants to see Elephants. It's not physically taxing, I'm not very fit but found it a pleasant walk, and the younger kids and teens in our group enjoyed themselves as well.