See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 April 2015

Once more we had a wonderful evening in Il Boschetto. It's a special occasion every time we go there, thanks to Marcia, Elio and Alessandro. This is a very friendly family run haven where people are made very welcome and encouraged to relax and take their time. The food is excellent and there is always a word of advice on places to visit, how to source whatever you seek and the latest on whatever sport you fancy. There's no rush or undue haste to reuse your table even on the busiest days. I can't recommend it enough. Try Marcia's apple cake and the wonderful limoncella if you have any room after your delicious main meal

Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
LocandaBoschetto, Proprietario at Locanda Il Boschetto, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2015

Thank you so much for your kind words, we always try to make our best!!

Alessandro

Reviewed 6 February 2014

I cannot possibly count how many times we have been to Elio's and Marcia's place, but I do know that we never get disappointed!!! They make the most tasty tuscan dishes and run, together with their son Alessandro a B&B that makes you always feel welcome and at home. Do not leave without trying bruschetta di pomodoro, crostini with salsiche and my husband's favorite, the tagliata with gorgonzola and radicchio....but don't worry if you are not a meat lover, the pastas are excellent as well! I can't wait to go back - a la prossima volta!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 October 2013

On our way from Volterra to Sienna we stumbled over this great place with Fantastic food and pastry. We stayed for two nights and loved it,we can recommend this place warmly its pleasant location and great staff made this a winner that we happily return to.

Grazie mille to Alex and his family

Arrivederci
Lollo and Patrik

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Driving to Voterra we decided to stop for lunch. Like a previous review mentions, we were not exactly drawn in by the appearance of the place, but we had discovered other delightful finds off the beaten path so we were willing to give it a chance. Wise decision. The food was wonderful and very reasonably priced, the house wine a true value, and the service was like being in the home of friends. When I mentioned that I didn't know what "rackets" salad was, the server excused herself for a moment and came back with a small bowl of greens for me to sample before ordering (arugula, by the way). I had pasta with a delicious meat sauce and my wife tried the lasagna after determining it did not contain any wild boar or horse meat, both of which are on the menu. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Curtis W
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Can you eat Tuscan food a better place. For us half locals its an absolute treat eating at this wonderful place. The service is fantastic and the food is a dream.

the first thing we do when we arrive in Volterra is to go and eat at marcia's place. Our favourite place.

Juhl-Krogh