All reviews private beach asked reception overlooking the sea inclusive surcharge language barrier
Reviewed 22 August 2017

Even when the areal is extensive, one has the feeling of privacy. A landscaped garden, green verdures, great landslides like vfrom a balcony.Exceptionally willing staff, who has made the pleasure of doing his work.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2017

We lacked. Everything, except Russian-speaking staff.Very convenient location of the hotel.food and animation, above all praise. Thank for all....We will advise all friends,I would like to return to the hotel

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2017

The arrangement with low separated blocks with a species-rich lush vegetation between them on a high shelf overlooking the sea is pleasant. The pool was a central spot for both children and ourselves. The staff was friendly and the everyday entertainment was stimulating particularly for the children. The kitchen should have a warm compliment for the varied, rich and tasty dishes and also the waiters for the way they served. Our all-inclusive stay was comfortable since my wife and I are above 75. My daughter and her family including three kids were much satisfied.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2017

Moved to this hotel late in the evening.Was travelling alone but visiting a relative in Tropea.
My room was basically underground, with very little natural daylight.
I was an outsider beacuse of two facts, a lone femail and I wasn't German.
There were rules and heaven help you if you stepped out of line. My son was not able to join me on the private beach for me to even buy him a drink He was humiliated and told to leave the beach in front of scores of guests. Your world at the Rotten Nettuna revolves around wearing of neon colored bracelets to identify what sort of package you have arranged.A guest cannot join you for a drink or a meal if a bracelet has not been arranged.
The pool area is nice but there are loud organised activities for people who cannot amuse themselves.
I think the Germans must like being ordered about. The bar staff ask for room number and Door card, I was surprised they did not ask for my passport or deeds to my house.
The place is souless and I found the staff to lack empathy, in the middle of my obvious distress about my son being thrown off the beach, I was shouted at because my bracelet had come off.
Only go to this hotel if you like regime and have a good knowledge of German

Room Tip: phone hotel to try to get room that is not below ground level
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Mch13811
Rocca N, Direttore at LABRANDA Rocca Nettuno Tropea, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2017

Dear Madam,
first of all we would like to thank you for your review on Tripadvisor and we are very sorry to read that our Hotel didn’t meet your expectations.
About the room, you certainly noticed in our Hotel we have different types of rooms and, actually, some of the single rooms are located in basements. For this reason, we usually suggest our Guests to have a look at the room before confirming the reservation and I’m sure we did the same with you. In any case, we are sorry we didn’t become aware of your issue during your stay as we would have been able to provide new options.
Regarding the problem your son had with bracelet, we do apologize but we’d like to clarify. Security in our Hotel is a priority and we do our best to make our Guests feel safe during their stay. The main reason we use “neon coloured bracelets” is that they help us to recognize our guests and identify at first sight any stranger. Persons without bracelet are not allowed to remain in Hotel and they are kindly asked to contact the Reception desk where they receive a pass after leaving an identity card. As far as I know, that is exactly what we asked you to do and, honestly, it seems to be a very simple rule.
Lastly, as our Guests pay their bill at the Reception, our bar staff usually ask for their room number in order to charge the drink cost. So far, Madam, it seems to be the easiest way.
We thank you again, and hope you will give us another chance.
Best Regards
LABRANDA Rocca Nettuno Tropea

Reviewed 18 September 2016

Hotel nicely located outside of Tropea, with ca. 15 min to walk to the historic center.
We had 2 very unfriendly ladies on the reception on arrival & departure. No smile or verbal welcome after a long trip. Our check-in was also permanently interrupted by phone calls, so it took quite long. Hotel is much too expensive for what it is. These ladies told us that we normally would only get a room facing the back road, unless we book directly through the hotel web page. So I suggest you avoid these hotel platforms and book direct, or you will get a room to the back side. Hotel has a nice, large pool, breakfast was good. The beach is very nice. There is an elevator going almost all the way down to the beach, but you do have to walk quite a few steps as well. Room size was OK, bathroom OK (one sink & bath tub) but room was not clean and in quality of furniture and in general not adequate for the price! There is entertainment in the evening, but we were there for 2 nights only and went out into the really nice, old city of Tropea. WLAN included in price, TV in room has some international channels like CNN. WLAN was free of charge and works well. Parking outside the hotel, no charge, but seems to be quite safe.

Room Tip: Ask for room with Sea view.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple