“Unique Cultural Experience”
Front of Villa pond
Front view with Apennine Mountains in background Lush River Valley view from balcony
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Front view with Apennine Mountains in background
Lush River Valley view from balcony
Front staircase landing to penthouse suites
Living room area
extra large bedrooms with queen size beds
Large self contained kitchens fully stocked
Red Sky in Eveing sunset
Aerial View of Villas and surrounding country side, our driveway, parking and various gardens
Rear balconies side view
Lower balcony
Full rear balconies
2nd floor balcony  400 sq.ft.
Main floor balcony
parking area carpots
parking area carports
Artichoke harvest from our gardens
Stuffed artichokes, bread crumbs, hamburger meat and spices
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Alla K
Kiev, Ukraine
“Unique Cultural Experience”
Reviewed 18 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015

My two weeks stay Giamia Villas was very peaceful and I was surrounded by nature. I loved to walk daily the many gardens on the property and I picked artichokes, cherries and apricots that were in season. My hosts, Mike and Arnie were very helpful not only in providing information on the many beautiful locations to visit but also with their friendliness and companionship in the eveings and all their wonderful stories about the Village of Campo Di Fano and the surrounding area.

Sulmona the "City of Arts" it is one of kind experience to visit. Only two miles away and it dates back to the Roman Empire, it is a hub for 65 neighboring cities, towns, villages and hamlets. It is a wonderful gem with it's many shops, mercatos twice a week, it is also the production capital of a sweet candy "confetti" that is shipped world wide and it's friendly people that are ready to make you feel welcomed for coming to this hidden paradise.

The Villa is very homey, large kitchen and living room, very comfortable queen size bed, extra large shower, huge balcony that overlooks the property and the green river valley that is surrounded by mountains. The decor is very well done with lots of wood work and ceramic, very clean and relaxing to have lived in during my stay.

I was surprised at the many local free festivals that are occuring almost on a weekly basis in all the surrounding towns and hamlets. The "Cherry Festival" in the neighboring town of Raiano that I attended was a unique experience that will be engraved in my mind forever. It's many colors, it's joyous population, the singing, the laughter, the dancing, the food, the parade were all a truly rural Italian cultural experience.

Public transportation was available at the door steps of the Villas and it took me on a scenic trip of the beautiful countryside, once I got to Sulmona I took the train for a day trip to the city of Pescara on the Adriatic coast with it's beautiful white sandy beaches. I had lunch with a sea food selection that seemed it would never end. The following day rode the bus up into the mountains and visited the medievel town of Scanno. It's crystal clear blue water lake was a sight to behold. I had a picnic lunch under a shady tree and visited the town and its many small shops and once again I was amazed on how the local people where so friendly and ready to assist me when ever I needed help.

I will strongly recommend Giamia Villas and the Abruzzo Region with its sea shore, plains, valleys and mountains to all my relatives and friends, I am truly looking forward to returning again in the future.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the cultural experience, the friendliness and homey atmosphere that the Villa provided.
Travelling group: Solo
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
18 Jun 2015
We thank you for your well written review, it was truly a pleasure to have hosted you for the two weeks that you stayed with us, looking forward to seeing you again in the future.
Vero Beach, Florida

Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
Malc0lmDa...
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
“Incredible Views, Great Food, Great Host”
Reviewed 21 August 2014 for a stay in July 2014

We had the good fortune to stumble upon GiaMia Villa. From the street side it is pretty but it is the back side of the property that has a huge gorgeous balcony from every suite with such breathtakingly beautiful views I can’t really explain in words. We like to cook so appreciated the well-appointed kitchen. No half-sized refrigerator or tiny workspace. Better yet was that Mike shared his garden and we were welcome to pick anything to add to our meals. Fruit trees and veggies to herbs it just doesn’t get any fresher than picking yourself and sometimes the fruit didn’t even make it back to our kitchen! Everything was modern and sparkly clean with great water pressure in the shower. We had a group dinner on the terrace one night with Mike and Arnie (staff) made some of the best lasagna I have had in a long time. If you want a warm welcome, spacious and comfortable living space, and a personal touch with plenty of info about the surrounding area and events, this is great place to stay. A little off the beaten path but most of Abruzzo is not tourist driven which is what we like best.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Free access to the garden!
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Red Deer
Reviewed 7 May 2014 for a stay in October 2011

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
7 May 2014
Thank you Toni and Allen, it was truly a pleasure to have you as our guests for a month at Giamia Villas, it was just as delightful for me to introduce you the local villagers and a treat to have you attend Church services with me. All our relatives were astonished at the way that you both took and became part of rural Italian life. Looking forward in the future to welcome you again with open arms.
MI
Reviewed 2 May 2014 for a stay in September 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Rugged travelers
2 May 2014
We at Giamia Villas, thank Dr. Dale and all his cousins that held their family reunion, a total of 15 people, we made available a hospitality suite so that all the cooking was done there. Two large tables were set up on the main floor balcony to accomodate them for breakfast, lunch and supper. Looking forward to their next reunion in 3 or 4 years.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing