See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 January 2017

We loved our five night stay at the Hotel Alemagna. It is family run, and feels that way. The staff is so friendly, but they do not speak English, so keep translator with you! The breakfast is very extensive and delicious!

We stayed in a double room on the very top floor. We started the first two night next to the loudest family ever, and the walls are thin. Also, the beds and pillow are very hard, but the charm of the hotelman up for it!

Location of the hotel is great - about 20 min outside of Cortina, right on the main road, easy to get to the bus stops. We ate in the restaurant twice in the basement and it was delicious!!

Highly recommend - great value for your money!

Pros: Charming hotel, great location, fantastic restaurant and breakfast
Cons: Hard beds and pillows.

Room Tip: Try to choose top floor!
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2016

Right on main road from Cortina to Venice. Stayed 3 nights, friendly, informal manager, who speaks some English. Great breakfast: stuff to make toasted sandwiches, cereals, fresh bread rolls, fruit juices, as much as you can eat: tea/coffee. Classical style, lots of wood, with modern fittings, which seemed new. A good night's sleep!

Room Tip: For a quiet night, ask for a room at the back.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 October 2015

We were a group of ten and I asked for booking 7 rooms for a couple of days this October. They said that there were no problems considering that we were far from the peak season. I told them that I would have call in two days to confirm the number or people and when I call back they told me that it was too late.
I can justify such a behaviour during the high season but the hotel wa empty! Clearly the owners do not need/want to work. So why keep on saying that the hotel is open?
When I tell the other hotel this experience they told me that the owner is well-known within the village for being weird.
Pay attention when you will book this hotel!

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 June 2015 via mobile

. Great location. Comfortable rooms very clean Wonderful warm and professional staff. Simon and Georg at the front desk were helpful and fun. Violetta serves the food which was always bountiful and delicious. The owner was so kind. I would highly recommend this hotel and cannot wait to visit again, and again and again

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank pegpavonitrainor
Reviewed 9 April 2015

I like the family atmosphere of the hotel. Owners and stuff were always very helpful.
The rooms are not big but very neat. For me more important is that rooms were clean and warm.
I could always find something good for breakfast from variety of the buffet. Italian cuisine served for dinner were very good. I liked especially local specialties’ available as a starter buffet for dinner.
Hotel has good location for ski-fans. If you are looking for challenges Cortina is only 8 km away with variety of slops, if you are looking for not crowded place, San Vito ski lifts are 500 m away. I’ve spent with my fiends a wonderful time in this hotel.
Bogdan, Warsaw