1,190 results
All reviews beach towels only thing missing adriatic coast excellent hotel sea view sea front lovely staff walking distance stayed here for nights kitchenette bedroom san balconies fee kettle lungomare seaside
Reviewed 2 March 2018

I have been coming to San Benedetto del Tronto for many years, and have always stayed in other hotels. This time, I decided to try this one, and honestly speaking… REALLY pleasantly surprised. So, this is my two cents:

POSITIVE POINTS:
Starting with the arrival… the building from the outside looked a little run down, for this category hotel. But… the minute you walk through the main entrance… opinion changes, with a good modern look and feel to it. Staff is amazing, with a smile, friendly and professional treatment. Good English as well.

The rooms are a decent size, and nicely decorated with a modern feel (again) to it. Comfortable bed, with a decent choice of pillows, for a tranquil sleep.

Bathroom is also nicely maintained, with amenities that suit this category. Shower worked perfectly, with stable pressure and stable temperature.

Internet is not the fastest in the world, but adequate to get my work updated.

Within walking distance, there are different options of bars and restaurants available. So, good for me! I know this is winter, and options are limited… but still OK.

A special word goes out to the cleaning staff, since they do an excellent job of keeping this place spotless in every single area of the hotel.

NEGATIVE POINTS:
Yes… a couple to mention.

First of all, the lift is PAINFULLY SLOW. It takes forever to get up or down.

I must also mention the breakfast in this section. Rather poor, I will say. YES… I know that in the winter period, with limited guests, they downgrade it. But, honestly… really poor and limited in choice. What a disappointment.

Lastly, Bar working hours are really strange and limited. 18H30 to 22H30...too limited.

SUMMING UP:
Having stayed here for the first time, I think that it is one of the better choices in San Benedetto. Yes, there are improvements needed… but a solid and good choice for a decent stay and rest.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

I have been in San Benedetto many summers as a young boy and doing a trip down memory lane we were planning to stay in Excelsior but information had that it hadn’t been renovated in years so we were looking for something else and simply took the best rating offered here.
Smeraldo suites for the price is worth every euro; large rooms, we had suite with two bedrooms and two balconies for a very reasonable price just in front of lungomare.
Clean modern and very appropriate for the purpose.
I would have preferred slightly better beds and duvet but hey, can’t have it all right?
Location is perfect and a garage below the hotel came in handy.
The restaurant is one of the better ones here.
The only down point is breakfast.
Very confusing and mediocre quality.
With a slight effort this hotel could become top notch.

A la prossima volta.

M

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

We take a vacation every year in San Benedetto as I have a relative who lives there. We've tried the number 1 rated hotel, air bnb but at last we've found what we are looking for.

This is not a good hotel. It's a GREAT hotel. Really nice rooms, proper showers, amazingly friendly staff (right from management to room service), super breakfast and great views

If we had any doubt it's that the sun beaming down on the balcony at 8:00 am is too hot but hey, get up have breakfast and go to the beach.

Lancette beach is clean and again lovely staff. Spaghetti with seafood is great (see separate reviews)

We love the walk along the sea front in the evenings along to porto D'ascoli for a crema Di Venezia ice cream at the gelataria opposite cafe rosa

This is way the best hotel in San Benedetto although to be fair we need to be walking distance to Porto D'ascoli so we haven't looked both of town.

And as a bonus prices are very reasonable. Much better one every respect than casa marina in key west and a quarter of the price

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2017

The Smeraldo is perfectly located in the most beautiful city Italian city.

Lovely staff, beautiful rooms and great facilities.
The ocean is walking distance and if you don't feel like ocean the Hotel sports amazing pools.

Great stuff!!!
Recommend!

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 9 August 2017

Smeraldo Suites is a very nice and well cared place, with three rooms specifically adapted for disabled; pity no one of these has sea view. However, the rooms are large and comfortable, with nice view on the hills. The personnel is very well trained and highly polite. It's now our default choice when in San Benedetto.

Date of stay: April 2017