“Top spot in Foligno”
Review of Hotel Valentini

Hotel Valentini
Reviewed 9 February 2016 via mobile

Best budget accommodation for the budget traveller.

Excellent location. Near town centre and railway station.

Friendly and helpful staff. Spotlessly clean.

Breakfast only so so.

I'd stay again any time.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo

Reviewed 4 January 2016

Pretty comfortable and clean hotel, a little vintage, looking like the one of "Grand Budapest Hotel" but fascinating for this, just five minute walking from thermae center. I was here in winter season and I really appreciated the warm temperature of the hotel.Breakfast not excellent but good. I definitevely say ok for this hotel according to the price.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2015

Wow, where do I begin. Originally our reservations were booked with the Grand Hotel Porro, but we were told that the hotel was not open and we were switched to the Hotel Valentini. This is ok as it really is the same hotel we were told. Not having been to the Grand Hotel Porro before, I cannot say. I did feel like a fast one had been pulled on us. Both hotels are located on the same property. Hotel Valentini is booked by multiple tour agencies bringing in people by the bus loads. Office was not staffed to handle that many people and there was lots of confusion in the lobby. The restaurant on site was only open from 1900-2045. Hotel staff would not recommend a local restaurant to go as an alternate dinner location. Hotel was dated and the rooms were NOT decorated as stated. Hot tub is only available from 0800-1200 and the pool closes at 1700. Lights would not stay on in the room with the key card that they provided. It took 45 minutes and 3 key cards together to get the power to work in the room. Breakfast: several dry pastries to choose from, standard European breakfast with fruit, cereal, bread and salame. They also had scrambled eggs that were not fit to eat. Watery and eggs not cooked to set stage. Major yuck! Breakfast staff was very unfriendly and curt. WiFi does not work well. Not enough bandwidth for a hotel that size. My connectivity was constantly going on and off and would not hold.

Room Tip: Not sure that there are any.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2014

I could not think of a less comfortable place to stay. The rooms are dark, the halls are only lit after you walk in to them. The place must have been a sanitarium at some point. Many of the guests here even now seem to be on death's door.

Room Tip: This town in general is one to avoid. Don't be fooled by the Therme symbols on the map. There ar...
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2014

I stayed here recently for 5 nights on a tour. The day our group arrived, several of us had problems with our room safes. Firstly, they were small boxes unattached to a wall so anyone could walk of with it, secondly trying to unlock the safe once it had been locked with a digital code was an art in itself. 6 of the group had problems, I asked the female receptionist on duty if she could help me, she came up and unlocked it with her key. I tried again and the same thing happened. I went down to the desk again and she yelled at me, 'I am NOT showing you again Madam', I insisted she did, so in the end she sent her male colleague upstairs to give us a demonstration. It was just the knack of opening it which was easy once shown properly. Aside from that the TV only worked half the week and then no signal..The building itself is lovely with high ceilings and a grand staircase like a stately home. The food and location were also good. Would not stay again, mainly due to the very rude woman. The other staff were more helpful, I speak italian so no problem.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends