“L'Assietta”
Review of Hotel Assietta

Hotel Assietta
Ranked #12 of 31 Hotels in Sauze d'Oulx
Reviewed 24 January 2012

Nice hotel for the price, great location right in the heart of town, ski bus stops right outside, only a 10 min walk to the Clotes lift.
Breakfast is buffet style and plentiful, hot baked beans a nice touch. The staff put on an early breakfast on our departure day, very helpful.
The room was cleaned each day, beds made etc.. There was towels supplied as well as free shampoo.
The bar below the hotel is nice, gets busy with locals at the weekend, quiet in the week.
The hotel is in the main street so expect some noise at night from drunks walking home, if you want a quiet nights sleep stay elsewhere away from the main streets.
The only real negative I can say is the noise outside of someone emptying lots of bottles into a bin late at night, even after 12pm, not sure which bar does this, but very annoying as it wakes you up.
I would stay there again despite the noise, as location and price is my priority, this hotel satisfies both of those well.
Sauze is my favourite resort and I will return again each year.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Timmy231

Reviewed 7 March 2011

Great hotel great location great hospitality Great value for money very friendly bar really rate sauze doulx for value for money

• Stayed: February 2011
3  Thank Robbiebirch
Reviewed 5 March 2011

Stayed at The Assietta last week for three nights with seven friends. The location is very central and the adjoining bar very comfortable. We were extremely well looked after by Maria and her staff whose level of service would not have been out of place in a much more expensive hotel. The rooms were very comfortable and clean with a never-ending supply of hot water for showers in contrast to my previous experience in a budget hotel in Sauze. I will return to the resort but won't shop around for a hotel - I will call The Assietta!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank KevinFerriby
Reviewed 18 January 2011

I got back yesterday from a week long trip to Sauze d'Oulx, as there were eight of us with varying budgets I opted for a basic hotel in a good location and the Assietta came out top (booked with Neilsons through Hays Travel). I have to admit I was a little concerned as there are very few reviews about the hotel that I could find (three to be precise) but as soon as we arrived all those concerns went out the window.

The Assietta is a small hotel and it is very basic, but after a day on the hill what more do you really need apart from a hot shower and comfortable bed? Ok so the rooms (I was in 112 but saw those my friends were in) could do with being updated as they have a very 70s feel to them and there's very few plug sockets (which bizarrely are so close to the bedside light switch that any time you plug something in the light go on/off) but the rooms are a decent size, warm and cleaned daily.

Marie (the owner) is also really helpful, the light in my bathroom blew on the second day, it wasn't really the end of the world as there was another above the mirror, so I left a note on reception about 7pm to ask for it to be fixed; expecting the next day. Shortly after Marie appeared, with her son in tow, to change the bulbs. Service I really didn't expect and wouldn't expect from much larger hotel chains.

Noise wise there really isn't anything to worry about. The bar downstairs can't be heard and closes quite early and even the nearby night clubs and other larger bars couldn't be heard on a Saturday night.

All in all I'd happily go back to the Assietta and recommend it to people in a heartbeat. Unless you're some snob expecting 5* accommodation for very little money you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sym0n
Reviewed 17 January 2010

My friends booked this hotel and we joined onto their booking. Admittedly we normally stay in 4* hotels and so i wasn't expecting much but the hotel was really great and i'm very happy we stayed there. The location is brilliant, right in the middle of the resort and just a 5 minute walk to the chair lift. There is a free bus also that stops outside the hotel takes you to another chair.

Rooms are basic but not cramped and are absolutely fine for a skiing holiday as we were rarely in it. Our room in particular (102) had quite nice decor. The shower room is fairly small, the fittings a little dated but everything works and the showers are hot! Rooms are very warm, we never felt cold. Beds made everyday and bathroom cleaned. Towels changed once during our stay which was fine. Towels bigger than in other hotels i've stayed in.

We went B&B and were not disappointed with breakfast. It was served in the room next to us and so i went for breakfast in my pyjamas and slippers every morning :) ! Cereals, Croissants, Bread Rolls, Cheese, Parma Ham, some Fruit, Eggs, Jams, Teas and Juices so all good for us!

The Bar/Restaurant downstairs has recently been refurbished and it is lovely. Great food and decor, friendly and popular, particularly with the Italians. We could hear music downstairs while in our room (which we enjoyed early evening when getting ready!) but the place was quiet and pretty much empty by 10pm, so noise not a problem.

Sauze D'oulx is a great resort, lots of nice places to eat (Sugo's Pasta and Gaute La Nata in the old town, Ghost bar for burgers and The Village for all sorts). Assietta food very good in both bar and restaurant. Hot Chocolate is so thick you need to eat it with a spoon! Derby bar was my favourite in evenings, make sure you play the hammer and nail game! We didn't find the resort to be overly expensive but it's not cheap. Wine roughly 2-4 euros (depending on happy hour), lager 4 euros, pizza and pasta 8 euros.

Had great time, would go again and would stay at the same hotel.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends