Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
MrsMoon
Poole, United Kingdom

You MUST visit!

Review of Ciao Pais
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 29 Feb 2024via mobile
Fantastic food in a fabulous setting. Polenta and the carbonara as well as the wild boar chops are a must try! Wine list is extensive and the service is friendly and warm.

We always come for lunch since finding it on a ski trip a few years ago. Find it just off the 2000.

Grazie, buon appetito!
Date of stay: February 2024
Room Tip: May sure to book a table
Trip type: Travelled with family
    AU$188
  • Vio.com
2.4 km from Ciao Pais
Room service
View more hotels in Sauze d'Oulx
All reviews red run a great week star hotel skidoo marko piste skiing group turin snow season skis
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 February 2024 via mobile

We visited on Monday 12th Feb for an evening meal. We were picked up by skidoo at 7.15 and enjoyed a fast ride directly up the piste. On arrival we were greeted and served by the best staff. The food was amazing and plenty of of it ( make sure you’re hungry)over all a great night which ended with another fun ride down on the skidoo. A family of three inc skidoo ride was €145. Book early.

Room tip: Book early they are fully booked most nights. I used messenger and they responded quickly.
Date of stay: February 2024
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 23 January 2024

Two excellent lunches. The carpaccio di cervo is outstanding and the wine-list impressive. A little hard to get to since the run which formerly passed just by the restaurant is closed. It is the restaurant for those who want something much better than the pizza and pasta common elsewhere.

Date of stay: January 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2023 via mobile

I don’t think I’ve ever been more impressed with a hotel in my life. If I could give 10, 100 stars I would. From the moment we contacted them last year to the moment we left they were so incredibly helpful, friendly, welcoming, professional and down right amazing.

The experience we had was so amazing that we rebooked for next year whilst we were still there… and apparently this is not uncommon at all.

Set in the most stunning and remote of locations, in the winter the only way to get up and down is, Ski, Walk or Skidoo.

We were recommended a taxi service from Turin that was very good and reasonable for 4 of us, Franco the owner again was helpful from the start of our emails back and forth.

We arrived at the base of the Mountain just above Sauze d’Oulx and we were greeted by Skidoo, from there we were taken with our luggage up the mountain to the hotel, on arrival to the hotel we were greeted by the owner Mirko who was so friendly and welcoming and with whom we had many good chats with about so many things, by the end of the week we realised it was also a very family oriented hotel with Mirko’s Mum and Uncle also working there, and they were equally incredibly friendly.

Once we were settled, we were taken back down the mountain to get our skis and equipment, and then proceeded back to the hotel for our first meal… this was a momentous occasion for me as the food standard here is phenomenal. People come from the town at night just eat here, they even walk up the mountain to try their incredible menu. I believe within the week I was there I pretty much tried everything on their extensive menu, and not one dish disappointed. My favourites were the Goose starter, the Lasagne pasta dish, the Deer main and the ice cream desert.

We had a great week of skiing to, being able to ski right out of the door on to the piste and then right back in the evening.

My only warning would be, if you are really beginner, then this place may not be for you, the resort is for people who have been skiing before in my opinion and if there hasn’t been the best snow the only way back to the hotel is via a steepish red run. Mirko did tell us that they would always find a way to get any guest back, be it down the chair lift etc but I would say if this is your first time ever skiing, get a couple of years under your belt first. In our group there were two people with 3 trips experience under their belt and it was at the top of their comfort zone.

We enjoyed our trip so much we are looking to back not only next season, but potentially in the summer to, to see what it’s like without the snow.

Honestly if you want a holiday to remember, book here, I’ve been in hotels before where I couldn’t leave and after a week I’ve wanted to do something different, eat somewhere different, not once did I feel that here, but if you are antsy then you can always ask for a skidoo down the mountain to Sauze.

Room tip: Best to be in contact with the hotel and take their advice on how to get there and where to get skis etc. Made the stay so enjoyable.
Date of stay: January 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael R
Reviewed 3 January 2022

Every time I came here I come out fullfilled: the service is wonderful, staff is friendly, food is amazing. It is a milestone for anyone skiing in the Vialattea. The recommendation is the polenta (any kind), and the famous aromatelle al ragù di selvaggina.

Date of stay: January 2022
Reviewed 13 March 2020 via mobile

Excellent as always! The refurbishment is superbly done opened up the place to take in the views.
Menu choice is always in sync with the area using local produce. Great service very well run business. We’ll be back!

Date of stay: March 2020