All reviews rose garden dining room second visit sweet staff court tennis
Reviewed 27 May 2018

What a romantic place to stay. Yes, the city is nice, but the family that owns this hotel is dedicated to top level service and a fine restaurant. We ate three dinners during our four night visit. We are going to bring friends from Orvieto just to have dinner here. What a dining room. What great food. The Ravioli alla Carbonara was the best I've ever had. Ate it two nights in a row. The rooms are elegant in the old style. I liked room 208 better than 210. We had 208 last time. Both had great views of the rose garden. I enjoy having my compari and soda at 5pm in the rose garden.

Room Tip: 210 would be my first choice. 208 is fine.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

Perfect hide away in the Mountains just outside of ROM. We stayed for a week as a Family with 2 children 6 and 7 years, Villa Potenziani is absolut fabulous.

Amazing dinning, Romantic, Good food, Sweet staff good with children, Great pool area and Big Technogym for workout.

If you Are in the area try it out.

Best recomendation from all of us.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 January 2017

My husband and I stayed here for a night on our way to Rome after several days touring the hill towns of central Italy. It is a bit difficult to find but once you make the turn into the small road you drive through beautiful parklands. We were greeted warmly and our large room and bath were beautiful. The dining room in the hotel is full of gorgeous wood decoration. The rose garden was lovely. Food was good and the roof breakfast room was lovely. Fun and quiet place to spend a night.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2016

Three of us stayed in this magnificent hotel. We had just two regrets! The first was that we were only staying one night en route to Assisi, and the second was that we didn't know dinner was being served the night we arrived, so we went out to Rieti in search of a restaurant. It was only when we got back after our meal that we noticed people were coming out of the dining room. If the dinner was anything like the sumptuous breakfast the following morning, we definitely missed a treat. We must go back! Looks like we hadn't done our homework! Anyway, unlike some other guests, we had no problem negotiating the entry road. We knew from other reviewers' reviews on Trip Advisor, that it wasn't straightforward, so we were prepared! The rooms, the amazing decor throughout the hotel are truly magnificent. It was like staying in a castle for a night! The staff were lovely. The morning after breakfast we walked around the grounds, as we were reluctant to leave this beautiful place. Even thinking about this hotel, as I write this review, I'm longing to go back there!! Every good wish to all who own and run Villa Potenziani.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 March 2016

I am a manager of a famous hotel company where we are present in 100 countries with 1,200 hotels, well, I called at 5 am to reserve a room and I felt answer "who you are" thinking he had the wrong number I tried again and I felt answer "what do you want" I made my complaints to management via email and I felt answer that the person in question thought it was a joke or other trivial excuse for me not recommend to call this staff is let alone the rest

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business