See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 May 2017

Warm welcome at check in. Room was comfortable and quiet. Typical Italian breakfast served by a very friendly lady. Excellent location in a very grand old building in the heart of the Old Town. Great value for money. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 August 2016

This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed at:
1. The wifi did not work unless you sat in the lobby, and even then it was patchy.
2. The air conditioning is centralized, so when they turn it off from 1am to 1pm there is nothing you can do about your room warming up.
3. The staff was overall unfriendly. I had initially thought the unfriendliness was due to a language barrier (only one staff member is fluent in English), but then my friend from Italy arrived, and the treatment was the same.
4. At one point my other friend's shower door went missing after housekeeping came through, and even though we told the front desk, it never returned during the 5 remaining days we were stuck there for.
5. I also had an issue of housekeeping helping themselves to some snacks I had in the room.
6. As an after thought...I should have took a picture of the amount of grime I wiped off of the desk before putting my stuff on it.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 May 2016

We had originally booked our room through a SmartBox package and received confirmation of our booking at Hotel miramonti through SmartBox. When we arrived at the hotel, the clerk could not find our reservation (made months in advance). There was the 1000 Mile auto rally that weekend and I think he "lost" our reservation in order to book rally guests to get a better rate than whatever SmartBox would offer for our stay. We were very disappointed with the service, the clerk didn't even bother to call SmartBox to sort things out, he just told us to make another reservation at another hotel. When we called SmartBox customer service, they confirmed our original booking was accepted by Miramonti, but found us a new hotel when Miramonti refused to honor the reservation. The clerk at our new hotel mentioned that Hotel Miramonti had done similar things with other guests in the past. Although we didn't sleep there, we did note that the place was more run down and dingy than advertised in the Michelin Guide. When you make a reservation, you expect it to be honored, so we heartily warn others to be wary with this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2015

I booked a twin room with ensuite via Booking.com and days before I was offered an upgrade consisting of a double bed, large double bed, balcony and larger room for an extra 10 Euros. I accepted the upgrade online, however when I went to Check-in I was told I had a matrimonial bed (twins pushed together and with queen size bedding). They first argued they had no knowledge of the upgrade and then when I showed them the email they said that the upgrade configuration did not exist. They then found the paperwork for the upgrade and it was as I had shown. They then argued that they gave me the booking as on the original paperwork BUT it said twin beds not matrimonial anyway. Frustrating! For the remaining 2 nights the beds were made up as booked originally - twins.The next day as I was leaving the Hotel for a day out, they asked for the room key. I said I preferred to take it with me and they insisted my room could not be made up if I didn't leave the key. ODD! However I did take the key with me and my room was made up. The room was clean if a little old in decor, breakfast was ordinary but the cappucinos were lovely. Wifi did not work in room as promised but was OK in hallway and lounge area. My room was on the 3rd floor and looked out over a building across the room and piazza on the right. The restaurant food was nice, but small portions, may not suit everyone. If an upgrade is offered, it should be honored when checking in, no excuses or at least the original booking should be given from the first night (Twin beds in my case not matrimonial).

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 July 2015

Rieti is an industrial center in Lazio (the Central Province of Italy northeast of Rome) with a major American pharmaceutical company. This is one of the few hotels within 50 km of that company and thus many international visitors stay here. I have stayed here at least six times over the past ten years.

The property and services are rundown and need to be refreshed. The rooms are clean and spacious but somewhat dated. I have been traveling to Italy since 1974 and the rooms reminded me of the 1970s.

The center of Rieti is under reconstruction (June 2015), and there is no easy access to the hotel within the walled village. It is best to park in the subterranean garage in Piazza Oberdan near the hotel.

Room Tip: Most rooms face Pza Oberdan and have shuttered windows with views to the Apennines. Best to park in the garages near the Piazza.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business