All reviews free breakfast room was clean scalding hot plenty of free parking minute drive business trip very helpful staff city centre pasta shower fence tidy garage reggio
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I used this again when travelling South. And I would use it again even though I only rate it as average. really I want to rate it as good but TA doesn't have this rating.

It's very convenient, just a stones throw from the motorway..it is beyond me how anyone struggled to find it!

Clean, good service, reasonable breakfast (which starts very early - a bonus)

Two areas of concern.
I don't recall this last time but the bed has a plastic incontinent sheet on it! Simply makes me boiling hot and feel like I'm in a sauna. I only realised this part way through the night when wondering why I was so hot and struggling to sleep but of course couldn't take it off as my husband was sleeping.

The second thing is the number of dogs. there was a local dog show and I must have encountered a dozen dogs or more. Not sure of this should be a concern or not. There was a little barking below our window as the dogs met one another when doing their nightly business but other than that they didn't disturb us, and I love dogs. However, I have no idea where they would sleep. The floor has carpet and many people might take exception to this.

I'll leave it to readers to decide if this puts them off or not. It wouldn't put me off, and I'd simply remove the plastic sheet.

I wold use it again as stopover which exactly what it's selling itself as.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
inchotelsgroup, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Reggio Emilia, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear gillandderek44,
we thank you for spending a few minutes to share your comments related to your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express Reggio Emilia.
It is our goal to consistently provide customer satisfaction and your reviews are very important to us. The feedback we receive from valued guests like yourself, enables us to keep up the good work.
We look forward to welcoming you soon again.
Kind regards

Reviewed 19 November 2013

It was clean and bed was ok. Good to stay for a night. Price is ok. Make sure you eat before you arrive (if you arrive late) because there are not many restaurants in the neighbourhood. Guests are mainly business people in suits :). We slept well.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Reggio Emilia, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Dear JoinAmsterdam,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit at our hotel and for providing us with your valuable feedback. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the level of service, facilities and the location of the hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to improve and continually provide the best experience possible.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 30 September 2013

Had a little trouble finding the place, but overall a good quality hotel. Reasonable prices and English speaking, friendly staff. Nice breakfast. Great for overnight stay. Rooms are smaller but it is an express hotel. Good restaurant within walking distance. In a industrial area, but efficient . Close to motorway.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
inchotelsgroup, Direttore at Holiday Inn Express Reggio Emilia, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Dear Jeri F,

Thank you so much for posting a review of your recent stay with us.
We are happy to read that you enjoyed your time with us and we hope to be able to welcome you back soon again.

Our best regards

Reviewed 24 September 2013

Easy to access from highway. If you are on wheels very good position. Nothing to see in the neighborhood. Staff very nice and helpful. No room upgrade for Platinum members, but standard room is spacious and clean. Free WiFi working OK. Variety of TV programs OK if you speak Italian. Shower was not so good

Room Tip: avoid ground floor
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alexa2706
inchotelsgroup, Direttore at Holiday Inn Express Reggio Emilia, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Dear Alexa 2706,

Thank you so much for posting a review of your recent stay with us. We are happy to read that you enjoyed your time with us. We will forward your comment to the rest of the team.

Looking forward to welcoming you again

Reviewed 6 August 2013

Holiday Inn is pretty much the same all over the world in my experience. Two things made this one stand out for our recent family overnighter. Friendly staff who spoke English (and were not offended that I speak very poor Italian!) and freshly cooked tasty (albeit basic) restaurant food. This is an easy to find, good stop over just 90 minutes from Milan Linate Airport on the way to Tuscany. The environmentalists will also appreciate the energy saving features of your room - lie still on the bed for two minutes and all the lights go out! Only thing to watch is the entrance to the car park is concealed and narrow, mind the sides of the car!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
inchotelsgroup, Direttore at Holiday Inn Express Reggio Emilia, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

Dear 63Beanteam,

thank you very much for your wonderful comments. I am very pleased that you were so happy with your stay. I will forward your lovely review to the rest of the team.

Looking forward to welcoming you again.