Hotel Onda Verde
  • Restaurant
Hotel Il Pino(Praiano)
  • Restaurant
1,094 results
All reviewsmilano familyamalfi coastwater taxithe busthe cliffil pirataour honeymoonsmall beachhalf boardeasy accesssun decknaples airportrestaurant staffbreathtaking viewsbreakfast and dinnereach morningthe hotel's restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 September 2012

Have just returned from Italy finishing off with a week at Onde Verde. It is far more fabulous than in the pictures!! Rooms have been updated and are beautifully clean with views to die for! Location is fantastic, wonderful to be able to escape from the crowds. Thank you to Giuseppe for picking figs from his Mother's tree for my breakfast and to the chef for showing me how to make real Ravioli - a fair trade was to get him to taste Vegemite! We have left behind friends, and brought home wonderful memories.

Room Tip: Handy to have a car
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sally255
Reviewed 24 September 2012

My first three days in Italy I stayed at Hotel Onda Verde. I am so glad I chose the smaller town of Praiano over Positano or Amalfi. The area is beyond belief gorgeous and I spent hours just looking at the views. The hotel is wonderful and restaurant is excellent. I walked to town, about 20 minutes, but there is also a small beach next to the hotel and several other bars and restaurants within a short walk. My single room was small but comfortable and the views from my shared balcony made it impossible to stay indoors. I will return here and would recomend this hotel for all travelers. It has easy access to the other Amalfi towns without the large amounts of tourist.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with seaview and a private balcony
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 September 2012

After our first visit to Onde Verde our dream was to return and we did! We spent a perfect ten days there in August and were not disappointed. The Milano family are so welcoming, Miro and Frencsco can't do enough for you, whether it is helping to organize a tour, bus ticket or just to have a chat, nothing is too much trouble. We did half board so each morning we enjoyed choosing our evening meal, there was plenty of choice and the food is delicious. Nicola, the chef produced the most amazing meals, fresh pasta, seafood, I could go on and on!! My only regret is that I didn't ask for a couple of recipes!

Two other people that helped to make the trip so much fun are Raphael and Guiseppe. They are the best waiters we have come across, so friendly, always remember what you like and certainly make each guest feel very special. They are a real asset to the Onde Verde.

The hotel itself is a true getaway. From the moment you step into the lift and go down to the sixth floor you know something special is about to happen and when you step out and see the most beautiful view, it couldn't be more magical. The rooms are lovely, no complaints there either!

We used both the bus and the water taxis to get around, Amalfi and Positano are only a short, of course a trip by water is a great way to see the beauty of the coastline. The tours to Capri, Pompeii and Mt Vesuvius are well organized and worth doing. You really are in another world when you stay at Hotel Onde Verde and once again, we want to go back!!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mazzieBrisbane
Reviewed 18 September 2012

Onda Verde has got to be one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in! It has a spectacular view and beautiful rooms. Adding to the surreal and natural beauty of this hotel dug deep down into the mountain, the chef, Nicola and waiter, Giuseppe truly made this experience one I will never forget! They are truly accommodating and just want to make you happy. This hotel is incredibly picturesque and it's beaches are inhabited by the locals of the area which makes it truly authentic. Despite the number of stairs, the hotel is situated only a short walk away from the spectacular mediterranean sea where you can take a water taxi to any one of the other towns along the Amalfi Coast. This hotel, with all its staff make for a truly phenomenal stay for any occasion.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Loriana K
Reviewed 17 September 2012

We stayed at the Onda Verde for three nights and the view from our balcony was spectacular. The room was clean and modern. The location of the hotel is not in the (small) town of Praiano such that options for things to do within walking distance are limited. You will need to drive or taxi or bus it if you want to go somwhere. Driving is stressful, taxis are expensive and the buses will not stop if they are full. The hotel desk staff were not overly helpful and appeared bothered if you asked some questions. The beach access was confusing (again the desk staff did not offer much help) and the is no bar service if you sunbathed at the hotel. Outside the view would consider staying in Positano next time.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple