“Mrs.”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Tumbulgum, New South Wales, Australia
“Mrs.”
Reviewed 29 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016
people found this review helpful

My husband and I and 2 friends stayed at Villa Horizon for 8 superb days. We were greeted by Dominico the owner, very late at night, but it was no worries for him. In fact he was the perfect host. He organised a great boat trip for us, took us to a great restaurant, and gave us many good tips for our time on the Amalfi Coast. The villa was perfect, big and extremely clean. The views were out of this world, and the position superb. I would highly recommend this villa for a relaxing stay on the Amalfi Coast. Thanks Dominico for making our stay extra special

pufferfri...
San Antonio, Texas
“Amazing!!!”
Reviewed 8 July 2016 for a stay in June 2016
people found this review helpful

Domenico and his beautiful home made a delightful honeymoon setting. The attention he paid to us was over the top. He met our every wish and spent more time with us to make our trip wonderful than anything we could have hoped for. His home had all the amenities needed, was stunningly beautiful with incredible views and was conveniently located on the Priaino city bus route.
Domenico showed me around town our first day there so I could get my bearings straight so my beautiful wife and I could fully enjoy the city.
He took us to Positano and spent a delightful day there with us and he took us to Pompeii and finished that day at a remarkable Sorrento hilltop restaurant with an unbelievable view that also pressed there own olives into olive oil. We loved everything so much we even sent oil back to the states to enjoy and give as gifts.
It was so delightful and the best part is we left having built a great new friendship with Domenico.
We plan on returning often!

Ousssaa
San Antonio, Texas
“Honeymoon Heaven on Earth”
Reviewed 7 July 2016 for a stay in June 2016
people found this review helpful

It's been several weeks since we left this villa and I miss the place already so very much! I cannot say strongly enough how beautiful the views from this villa are.... You have two balconies with views of the sunrise and a large balcony with a view of the sunset. Every angle is the Sea...and even a blessed church sits to the side. It is unbelievably gorgeous and very, very quiet, which is perfect for a quiet honeymoon. If you practice meditation or yoga (like me) there is plenty of space outdoors to do this and it is an ideal place to just get away for even a sabbatical, if one needs it. I felt like I was in the middle of paradise every day as there are gardens all around and the only noises you hear are neighbors occastionally chatting with each other as they work on their gardens or spend time with family in the evenings. Just a stunningly beautiful place that no hotel could possibly match with space, views and solitude--all while being extremely close to everything you need! I have traveled to Greece, Puerto Rico, Cozumel, Mayan Riviera, and all three coasts of the U.S. and this villa by far has the best view I've come across when traveling. It is truly a hidden gem!

The home has every amenity you need but it was great to be able to walk down the stairs to the local grocery store and stock up on staple items and enjoy our breakfasts and a few lunches in the home and on the balcony. The bus is right outside the front of the villa so you don't have to walk far to go to the center of town and shop. And don't rent a car--it is funny watching fellow Americans trying to drive the curvey roads....it is dangerous if you don't know the roads well, truly. The bus will get you everywhere you want to go and drop you off right in front of this villa that sits practically at street level! But it is worth the beautiful views to walk down to the grocery store at least once and take the hard walk back up to the villa via bus instead. There are only a few shops in Praiano but I was surprised by the selection of women's shoes the one shoe store had and found sandals I know no one in the states has at all. And there are cute knick knacks for souvenirs in the one souvenir store but there are much better souvenirs in Positano.

This villa and this town is perfect for a honeymoon as Positano is much more touristy and loud. The Praiano beach is smaller, quiet, and you feel as if you are in your own paradise. Positano's beach is a little too big for my taste when one wants quiet, romantic, or the "getaway from it all" feel.

I must say that not only is this villa the most beautiful and peaceful I have ever stayed in, but the owner, Domenico, is now a friend of ours. Not everyone you come across when traveling has your best interests at heart. Domenico does. He treated my husband and I like family and took us for a day to Positano, introducing us to friends he came across as he showed us the main areas of the town. He led us to the best restaurants as well and we just had a lovely time with him as he showed us around in Pompeii, Sorrento and Positano. His family has lived in this home for generations and he respects his guests as much as he respects his home. The home is well cared for in all details and has a warm, family feel to it, yet the location is so stunningly beautiful it is also extremely romantic as well. Domenico is an authentic and sweet person and we felt very safe, well guided and taken care of as if we were being hosted by our own family during our stay. I would not choose to stay anywhere else when we return to Italy, simply for this reason. My husband and I would feel bad for the other couples and honeymooners we'd find lost somewhere on a road, walking in the sun and not sure where to go. There's so much more to renting a villa. There are certain ways to get through the town, bus routes/times, knowing a cheap taxi vs. the expensive ones, knowing the short cuts if you do decide to walk, etc. that make all the difference. Domenico even got us the best table at the best restaurant in town our first full day in town and it was a stunning view of the sunset and the best seafood we have ever had. The language barrier can make it a challenge and so many of the honeymooners seemed lost. My husband and I discussed how lucky we were to have Domenico who gladly was available via text on WhatsApp to give us advice on anything we needed. We even all made a trip to a large, urban grocery store on our way back from Sorrento that he took us by to get items we needed. Plus, it was great getting all the inside tips on best buys and what one may need while staying in a villa in a small town like Praiano. We never missed a bus, got lost out in the heat or were uncomfortable during our stay because of him and he is half the reason you really must experience this villa. Learning right off the bat from someone (who speaks English well) how to navigate a city, best places to eat, and who is available to personally driver you on half or full day excursions along the entire Amalfi coast at a very reasonable rate is very difficult to find and a God send! For this reason, too, I highly recommend this villa as you will make a new and good friend with Domenico!

There is nothing I liked least about this villa. Although, I would add that it would have been great if one day an early morning or sunset, private yoga class, or massage therapist session, or personal training session could be offered to be arranged on the rooftop of the villa as a choice for those who would like a more spa like experience. I didn't think about this until after we had left and reviewed pictures we took but if that could be coordinated on the rooftop of the villa, that is a true 360 degree view of the Mediterranean Sea doing something that is stress reducing and healthy for those of us who would like that as part of the beautiful experience that is Italy.

If you decided to stay here you will not be disappointed! It is like visiting a home you didn't know you had!

Lydia

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Maciek M
Warsaw, Poland
“Absolutely amazing place - highly recommended!”
Reviewed 20 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016

Domenico is a great host. The contact with him was perfect and immediate. He was helpful in every single question giving us lots of tips and useful informations. The apartment was clean, spacious and good located with amazing view of the Amalfi coast. Highly recommended!

Travelling group: Extended Family
Atilla K
Istanbul, Turkey
“Fantastic view & silence”
Reviewed 10 June 2016 for a stay in May 2016

We spent 3 great days at Villa Horizon in May 2016. It was problem free and smooth experience. The property has excellent facilities with a fantastic terrace overlooking Amalfi Coast. The Host Domenico is a great man who tries to give every single details about the town Praiano and surrounding area. Specially , restaurants ( not tourist traps ) , beaches and must see places. He is also very friendly and problem free. I definitely stay again at Villa Horizon. Thanks Domenico.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Terrace, Location and cleanliness of the Property
Liked least: None.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing