“Lovely hotel”

Ranked #29 of 39 Hotels in Positano
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Lovely hotel”
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Beautifully decorated hotel. Kept to a high standard of cleanliness. Lovely helpful staff. Well located and within easy walking distance to restaurants and bus services. Comfortable room with balcony and sea view, very romantic at night when the town lights are on. Breakfast is very tasty and plentiful with plenty of choice. Thank you Maria and Michelangelo for making our first stay in Positano very special.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Julie N

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Korean first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 May 2012

We recently stayed at this small family run Hotel and Michelangelo and Maria made us very welcome.Our room was spacious, clean and very comfortable. A great location with lovely views and very peaceful despite being in the middle of Positano a truly beautiful town.
Can't wait to go back.
Emma and Bridget
UK

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Maggie S
Montreal, Qc, Canada
Reviewed 13 May 2012

What a marvelous hotel; only 15 rooms and if I judge by mine, all wonderfully decorated, marble, antiques, etc. Breakfast is served and although continental, it offers a wide choice. The place is spotless and well taken care of. Easy walking distance to the center of town for great shopping and great restaurants.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Marefrequentguest
San Diego
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Do not book at this Hotel. Seriously, trust the other reviews that have mentioned experiencing problems with this hotel either losing your hotel reservation or canceling last minute. I unfortunately decided to rely on all the positive reviews that I saw about this Hotel and I sadly got BURNED. :(
My fiancé and I are traveling to Positano to celebrate our Honeymoon so we were so excited to stay at this Hotel after seeing all the amazing pictures and positive reviews online. We booked the Hotel in November AND got a confirmation number, but I still decided to emailed the hotel directly since I was worried that others on TA had reported problems with the reservation process. I emailed the resort 4 different times over the last couple months (in English and Italian) and heard nothing from the Hotel until a couple days ago stating that the Hotel is closed during my time of visit! I’m sorry, but we are traveling to Positano during a peek time so there is NO WAY the hotel is just closed during a busy season. AND on top of that, why am I finding this out just now when I booked months ago?? If the Hotel really is closed (and didn’t just double book my reservation) shouldn’t I have been contacted immediately after my reservation was made so I could have time to make other accommodations? Needless to say, this is an incredibly important trip for me and my fiancé and now we no longer have a place to stay. I am very disappointed with the lack of professionalism this Hotel displayed and it seems obvious that there is an pattern of unreliability with their reservations. The LAST thing you want to worry about is your hotel canceling on you when you are traveling internationally, so it is just very sad that this beautiful resort has proven to be such an unreliable business.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank SanDiegoJen
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 20 November 2011

We recently stayed at this hotel and were impressed by the friendliness and family atmosphere.
Our room was spacious ,clean and comfortable and the hotel is well situated and quiet .
IWe had no difficulty in E-mail communication re our booking and our request for transport from Naples station was well organised by the hotel .

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple