1,099 results
All reviews champagne bar oyster bar amalfi coast our honeymoon beautiful hotel hotel boat michelin star restaurant sea view san pietro pool area is boat trip impeccable service private boat room number heaven on earth junior suite magical place
Reviewed 16 August 2012

This was an incredible experience. Last year we traveled from Naples to the Beautiful Hotel, Le Sirenuse, which we have wanted to stay at for many years. Pricey, but well worth the it. Upon arrival, we were met with a refreshing drink, and escorted to our lovely, view room. All of the appointments were incredible, down to the soaps, and towels. The morning breakfast spread was beautiful, and the views from everywhere, were incredible. The beauty of this hotel, is that you pull right up to the entrance, no carrying bags up and down stairs. The evening dinner was incredible also. Bare in mind, that this is not a budget friendly Hotel, so be prepared to spend some dollars, but well worth every penny.
We took a short boat trip, and swam in the ocean, on the Le Siernuse, private boat, so wonderful.
We would highly recommend this Hotel, in beautiful, Positano, as a must stay at least once in your life.

We shall return,
Elizabeth and Bob, S.C. Calif.

Room Tip: Make sure when you are traveling in Positano, and or Amalfi, that you can walk up and down stairs, as the both Cities, are full of them. Be prepared to take you luggage up and down also, as no elevators anywhere. Key to this, Travel very light.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bob K
Reviewed 16 August 2012

We have just returned from a 3 night stay at Le Sirenuse followed by 2 nights away at Caruso Hotel in Ravello, (see separate review) and then 2 more nights back at Le Sirenuse. Words cannot describe how beautiful this hotel is in every way. From the initial greeting on arrival from Leonardo at the Front Desk, to the gorgeous rooms, incredible service by every employee including, Giuseppe in La Sponda Restaurant and the two extremely attentive waiters and waitress at the Champagne and Oyster Bar, and the pool staff - everything was absolutely incredible. We had lunch each day by the pool - presentation, food and service, second to none, and we had dinner at the restaurant most evenings which is an experience in itself, top notch in every way, and so romantic with the captivating view, twinkling candles and wonderful guitar music. We also had the pleasure of meeting the owner of the hotel, a wonderful gentleman who has created an exceptional property. We travel extensively to top quality properties around the world and have to honestly say that Le Sirenuse will be hard to equal as far as service, food and accommodations go. Absolutely it is pricey, but all I can say is that you get what you pay for and in that respect, Le Sirenuse certainly gives you in our opinion far more than you pay for. We cannot wait to return. Wonderful happy memories of Le Sirenuse and Positano will always be with us.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lope3
Reviewed 16 August 2012

I'm giving this four stars because I love unique interior design, and le Sirenuse has the most amazing decor I've seen in any hotel, particularly the vintage wall art. Drawings of boats, letters that are (or at least look) a century old, all arranged perfectly. The breakfast was also amazing, best we had on our trip. FYI: unlimited prosecco was included in all of our complimentary breakfasts along the amalfi coast... another reason why I love Italy!!

But, there were two issues. First, as others have said, you will be overlooking the pool or dining area in some fashion with your "sea view" room--we were three floors above the pool area and our view was still obstructed. I could also overhear every conversation going on at the pool from our balcony, and including a man bragging in detail about cheating on his wife to his friends. Disgusting.

Second, Positano isn't romantic, especially when compared to the other two places we visted, Capri and Ravello. The town was too busy and cramped, and I just felt too claustophobic. It would have been fine if Sirenuse had provided an escape from the outside town, but the room was tiny and the hotel didn't really have any private areas outside the room to speak of.

All in all, this wasn't for me, but I still respect a beautiful hotel when I see it, and this really is a one of a kind hotel. I just wish that I had stayed here for one day, not three.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cambie032
Reviewed 16 August 2012

LOVE this hotel. And by love, I mean LOVE. It was the cleanest, most scenic, most beautiful, most accommodating, most luxurious hotel I've ever stayed at (which begs the question, what other luxury hotels have I stayed at...well, none of this caliber is the answer.) I wanted to kiss the walls, everything was so fresh and clean. The full size Eau d'Italie toiletries were incredible, I actually bought the perfume after I got home because I loved the scent of the hotel so much. The gym was great, and so was the spa. I do recommend taking a taxi or getting help up to the hotel. People will tell you it's a short walk uphill, but it's a STEEP hill, and many stairs, and if you have any luggage, it's extremely painful (but after days of being in Italy, I wanted to attempt it just to burn some extra calories. I regretted this decision.) I would definitely stay here again, and would also like to check out their sister property right outside of town (Il SanPietro I believe.) The included boat ride in the afternoon is scenic and super fun also. I don't know when I'll be fortunate enough to do so, but I can't wait to return to this hotel with my husband one day.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cmd108
Reviewed 16 August 2012

While traveling in Positano my dear friend made only one request and that was to eat at Le Sirenuse.We stepped out of the local bus, two fortyish women and our two young teenage daughters, and walked into the most beautiful hotel ! We basically became 4 versions of Cinderella. We had reservations for dinner and as we walked into the lobby it took our breath away. We were treated like celebrities for the evening. The atmosphere was lovely the service beyond belief.It was one of the most magical evenings of all of our lives.The food was incredible.In one evening an amazing and special wish came true that will forever remain in all of our hearts. Sometimes such an experience can change a life. We are so grateful and blessed for our experience.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends