1,099 results
All reviews champagne bar oyster bar amalfi coast our honeymoon beautiful hotel hotel boat michelin star restaurant sea view san pietro pool area is boat trip impeccable service private boat room number heaven on earth junior suite magical place
Reviewed 3 July 2011

About three years ago, I was in Positano on a family vacation and we had dinner at Le Sirenuse. As it was, literally, the most beautiful place I had ever been, when my husband and I decided to take a trip to Rome, we added three days extra to go to Positano and stay at Le Sirenuse.

Let me clarify that children are allowed at the hotel, but not without adult supervision at all times, and I do believe that there are certain places that they are not allowed.

From the moment we checked in, the service was impeccable. Agatha gave us a tour of the facility, then alerted us when our room was ready. We stayed in room 66 and it was breathtaking. A beautifully sized room above the pool, with an equally impressive bathroom. There was a fruit and nut plate waiting, as well as champagne and a full bucket of ice. I had recently found out that I am pregnant, so Agatha quickly switched out the champagne for sparkling and still water for us.

The location of this hotel is nothing short of amazing, but it is really what the staff brings to the plate that makes this THE hotel in Positano. If you go, make sure to take advantage of the free tours etc. offered by the hotel. We spent an entire afternoon aboard the hotel's beautiful wooden fishing boat, touring the Amalfi Coast and swimming in the Mediterranean Sea. Drinks and snacks were also provided and the two hotel employees were extremely friendly, funny, and happy to take all the pictures that you could desire.

The night before we left on a very early flight, my husband called the concierge, Guiseppe, to ask if it would be possible to have coffee and toast sent to our room early the next morning. Guiseppe asked what time we were leaving, as well as what time our flight was. He said that he felt we would be rushed, and possibly miss our flight, in the short amount of time the car company had allotted (something we had been worrying about). Guiseppe then went above and beyond any costumer service we had ever dreamt of, by getting the car company's name and number, then calling them himself and changing our departure time, so that we could be sure to make our flight. He also arranged for breakfast to be sent up, and for a bell hop to collect our belongings, so that we did not have to worry about anything but our tired selves. What a remarkable man.

This is the most amazing hotel, and I promise you you will not be disappointed there. It, without a doubt, is the hotel of a lifetime.

Happy travels!

3  Thank Cradget
Reviewed 2 July 2011

We received recommendations from two distinct people to stay at Le Sirenuse if in Positano, and I'd have to agree, it was very, very nice. Our room was well appointed with a very nice balcony with one of the marvelous views from the hotel. The location is right in the middle of Positano and an ideal spot, as long as you don't have children. We were celebrating an anniversary, so it was interesting not to see any children at the hotel. Hotel is perfect for couples and probably doesn't allow children, and that was OK with me. The restaurant had fabulous ambiance and the staff in all parts of the hotel were superb. It was a great vacation.

Room Tip: Really, really nice and expensive.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2011

We stayed at Le Sirenuse June 2010 and 2011. I had waited 16 yrs to come here initially and boy was it worth the wait. The staff are fabulous....the communication throughout the hotel is second to none. Particular thanks to Robert, Salvatore and Giuseppe who looked after us mainly. There is nothing to fault...Every second of our stay was a dream. I also had a fantastic massage in the spa......thank you! See you next year....life is not complete without Le Sirenuse.

1  Thank MrsB360
Reviewed 28 June 2011

The staff could not have been nicer..the rooms could not have been cleaner...and the view was just lovely. It was nice to not have the masses around like they are on the beach in Positano when the ferry arrives. The breakfast buffet was beautiful and our stay was too short. The spa was beyond gorgeous and much bigger than we antipated. The DVD collection was really large and the bathroom amenities really almost too much with their size and how often the staff replenished them.
I would def stay there again but would think twice as it is very costly and well for me a longer stay in Capri might make me forget that Sunday when the bells began to ring as we drank our wine at sunset playing cards on the pool deck.
The man who smoked a cigar at breakfast really ruined my only morning out of 4 when I actually left the room before 10. I mean if Paris does not allow cigarettes now....
The food on the lunch menu is beyond expensive. I do not choke at the prices at the George V or the Eden Roc or in St Barths but really? A 25 EUR salad? If I spend 10 or so more EUR I could get an entree. It killed my spouse to eat lunch for 200EUR and barely get anything so we walked to town...I was not happy to do that after a few glasses of wine on an empty stomach. They did provide nibbles of olives, crackers, nuts, etc. but it would make me think twice and extend my Capri stay....The lunch I did have was perfect. Best one I had in Italy after our trip to Nerano to that place I shall not share to keep it a secret...

I was very sad that La Sponda did not light the candles. I had dreamed about that room for years...and alas they did not light one inside. The food at La Sponda was not good. In fact it made me nauseated to eat a mix of ricotta and off strong cheese stuffed in a barely cooked baby squid. My husbands shrimp was not cooked through and this may have added to my illness as we shared...I am not in Italy to eat sushi..and while I dined on fabulous skipjack tartare at Il Riccio on Capri..if I order shrimp or squid cooked I want them just like the menu says..cooked. I struggled to order off that menu at La Sponda. It was the worst meal I have ever had in Europe. It makes me sad sad sad to write that...I would try it again but I am leery of that menu with those prices. We went to a local place up in the hills the other nights. It was fantastic. I had squid with potatoes and we had shrimp the next night..cooked through and not overdone.
The desserts at the local place that was just down the road next to some chi chi hotel were the best we had in Italy...especially the lemon cake.
Le Sirenuse is immaculate and well run. If only there were more choices on the menu and more of a break between dinner and lunch costs....

3  Thank HulagirlNyny
AntonioSersale, Owner at Le Sirenuse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2011

Hello, this is Antonio Sersale Owner and Manager of Le Sirenuse. I wanted to thank you for your kind words regarding the Hotel, the SPA, our breakfast buffet and the cleanliness of the rooms.

I am sorry however you were disturbed by Cigar Smoke during your breakfast. As breakfast is served on an outdoor terrace we have been quite tolerant of smoking, however I will now follow your advice, and ban smoking in the area reserved for dining.

I am sad to read that your dinner was not what you expected it to be. We normally do not light our indoor candles unless dinner is served in our indoor dining room. As the majority of our guests prefer to eat outside during the warmer months we feel it would be environmentally unfriendly, to light 450 unnecessary candles each night. Regarding your dinner selection I am sorry you did not like the preparation of our dishes. Our chef is young and has created an innovative cuisine based on the best local ingredients re-adapting traditional Neapolitan recipes. We would have been more than happy to change your selections and offer you more traditional dishes that our Chef Matteo Temperini would have prepared to your liking.

Hoping you will return to visit us in a near future allowing me to personally ensure your stay is a pleasant one I send you my very best,

Antonio Sersale

Reviewed 14 June 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights during our Amalfi Coast honeymoon and I must say it was by far the most magical and wonderful experience. The moment we walked into the hotel we were taken back by the antique decor and boutique feel, but when we were shown our sea view room we were just blown away. It was picture perfect, luxurious yet intimate all at the same time. Nothing could top that view of the ocean and the Positano mountainside. We spent a day relaxing by the pristine pool and sipped the rose Prosecco, all heavenly. We took advantage of the complimentary boat ride offered by the hotel owners which was a huge perk for us. The boat staff were friendly and charismatic and were happy to take photos of us which I loved. The continental breakfast out by the pool each morning was a delight, with a wide spread of food that was perfect to start the day. At night after exploring the town and getting dinner we came back to the hotel and sat under the stars in the lounge chairs outside and sipped martinis. Even though we were there during peak season we never saw a ton of people or felt cluttered. All in all this hotel was amazing and I absolutely plan on going back again and again.

Room Tip: sea view, center room, 2 floors above pool
  • Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LindsMatt

Hello this is Antonio Sersale Owner and Manager of Le Sirenuse. I wanted to thank you for your kind words on your stay with us.

I am so happy you enjoyed the excursion on the Hotel boat S. Antonio, built by my late uncle Aldo Sersale who loved sea. For the last 10 years it has allowed our guest during the summer months to view the coastline from the sea which is truly spectacular.

Hoping to welcome you back in a near future I send you my very best,

Antonio Sersale