1,069 results
All reviewschampagne baroyster baramalfi coastour honeymoonbeautiful hotelmichelin star restauranthotel boatsea viewsan pietropool area isboat tripimpeccable serviceprivate boatroom numberheaven on earthjunior suitemagical place
Reviewed 28 June 2011

The staff could not have been nicer..the rooms could not have been cleaner...and the view was just lovely. It was nice to not have the masses around like they are on the beach in Positano when the ferry arrives. The breakfast buffet was beautiful and our stay was too short. The spa was beyond gorgeous and much bigger than we antipated. The DVD collection was really large and the bathroom amenities really almost too much with their size and how often the staff replenished them.
I would def stay there again but would think twice as it is very costly and well for me a longer stay in Capri might make me forget that Sunday when the bells began to ring as we drank our wine at sunset playing cards on the pool deck.
The man who smoked a cigar at breakfast really ruined my only morning out of 4 when I actually left the room before 10. I mean if Paris does not allow cigarettes now....
The food on the lunch menu is beyond expensive. I do not choke at the prices at the George V or the Eden Roc or in St Barths but really? A 25 EUR salad? If I spend 10 or so more EUR I could get an entree. It killed my spouse to eat lunch for 200EUR and barely get anything so we walked to town...I was not happy to do that after a few glasses of wine on an empty stomach. They did provide nibbles of olives, crackers, nuts, etc. but it would make me think twice and extend my Capri stay....The lunch I did have was perfect. Best one I had in Italy after our trip to Nerano to that place I shall not share to keep it a secret...

I was very sad that La Sponda did not light the candles. I had dreamed about that room for years...and alas they did not light one inside. The food at La Sponda was not good. In fact it made me nauseated to eat a mix of ricotta and off strong cheese stuffed in a barely cooked baby squid. My husbands shrimp was not cooked through and this may have added to my illness as we shared...I am not in Italy to eat sushi..and while I dined on fabulous skipjack tartare at Il Riccio on Capri..if I order shrimp or squid cooked I want them just like the menu says..cooked. I struggled to order off that menu at La Sponda. It was the worst meal I have ever had in Europe. It makes me sad sad sad to write that...I would try it again but I am leery of that menu with those prices. We went to a local place up in the hills the other nights. It was fantastic. I had squid with potatoes and we had shrimp the next night..cooked through and not overdone.
The desserts at the local place that was just down the road next to some chi chi hotel were the best we had in Italy...especially the lemon cake.
Le Sirenuse is immaculate and well run. If only there were more choices on the menu and more of a break between dinner and lunch costs....

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank HulagirlNyny
AntonioSersale, Owner at Le Sirenuse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2011

Hello, this is Antonio Sersale Owner and Manager of Le Sirenuse. I wanted to thank you for your kind words regarding the Hotel, the SPA, our breakfast buffet and the cleanliness of the rooms.

I am sorry however you were disturbed by Cigar Smoke during your breakfast. As breakfast is served on an outdoor terrace we have been quite tolerant of smoking, however I will now follow your advice, and ban smoking in the area reserved for dining.

I am sad to read that your dinner was not what you expected it to be. We normally do not light our indoor candles unless dinner is served in our indoor dining room. As the majority of our guests prefer to eat outside during the warmer months we feel it would be environmentally unfriendly, to light 450 unnecessary candles each night. Regarding your dinner selection I am sorry you did not like the preparation of our dishes. Our chef is young and has created an innovative cuisine based on the best local ingredients re-adapting traditional Neapolitan recipes. We would have been more than happy to change your selections and offer you more traditional dishes that our Chef Matteo Temperini would have prepared to your liking.

Hoping you will return to visit us in a near future allowing me to personally ensure your stay is a pleasant one I send you my very best,

Reviewed 14 June 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights during our Amalfi Coast honeymoon and I must say it was by far the most magical and wonderful experience. The moment we walked into the hotel we were taken back by the antique decor and boutique feel, but when we were shown our sea view room we were just blown away. It was picture perfect, luxurious yet intimate all at the same time. Nothing could top that view of the ocean and the Positano mountainside. We spent a day relaxing by the pristine pool and sipped the rose Prosecco, all heavenly. We took advantage of the complimentary boat ride offered by the hotel owners which was a huge perk for us. The boat staff were friendly and charismatic and were happy to take photos of us which I loved. The continental breakfast out by the pool each morning was a delight, with a wide spread of food that was perfect to start the day. At night after exploring the town and getting dinner we came back to the hotel and sat under the stars in the lounge chairs outside and sipped martinis. Even though we were there during peak season we never saw a ton of people or felt cluttered. All in all this hotel was amazing and I absolutely plan on going back again and again.

Room Tip: sea view, center room, 2 floors above pool
  • Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LindsMatt

Hello this is Antonio Sersale Owner and Manager of Le Sirenuse. I wanted to thank you for your kind words on your stay with us.

I am so happy you enjoyed the excursion on the Hotel boat S. Antonio, built by my late uncle Aldo Sersale who loved sea. For the last 10 years it has allowed our guest during the summer months to view the coastline from the sea which is truly spectacular.

Hoping to welcome you back in a near future I send you my very best,

Reviewed 22 May 2011

The gorgeous views, the friendly & courteous staff, the lovely rooms, the fantastic dining room & fabulous breakfast, the attention to detail...........what a perfect stay!!!!! All hotels should be like this.....we will be back!!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
AntonioSersale, Owner at Le Sirenuse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2011

Hello, this is Antonio Sersale owner of the Hotel.

I wanted to thank you for your very kind words which fill us with joy and pride.

We look forward to the pelasure of welcoming you back to Le Sirenuse in a near future.

Reviewed 14 May 2011

Spent our honeymoon here... unforgettable dinners at the terrace just listening to mandolines... lovely place.. a pity we have to wait a bit for going back there as I ve heard children are not admitted... Loved the romantic atmosphere though!
Great restaurant, dreamy walks down the outside stairs, wonderful views and friendly non intrusive staff.

Room Tip: hotel can be seen in the lovely movie ONLY YOU
  • Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple

Hello I am Antonio Sersale, the Owner of the Hotel.

I wated to thank you for your kind words. I am glad you liked our guitar and mandolin players as they have been playing at Le Sirenuse for over 15 years!!!

We look forwards to welcoming you back, and please be aware that during our low season months, April and October, Children of all ages are allowed.

Reviewed 3 May 2011

My wife and I spent the 2nd leg of our honeymoon at the Le Sirenuse Hotel. The Hotel lives up to its hype. Pros: the views from our balcony were priceless, breakfast is lavish, pool and spa are relaxing, and the service provided is top-notch. In addition, we were upgraded to a full sea view room and the Hotel provided a fresh bottle of Proseco and a delicious fruit plate waiting in our room upon arrival. Cons: The walls a paper-thin... You can hear conversations in the room next to you(I guess this can be expected since the hotel dates back to the 19th Century. Every morning at 8 am we were awaken by loud banging, footsteps, etc. Turns out our room was located right outside a linen/cleaning closet where the hotel staff would be coming and going... It would have been nice to sleep in on our honeymoon. Steer clear of room 65 if you would like to sleep in! On the other hand, the view is priceless in this room. So there is a trade-off...

Overall, it was a nice stay...

• Stayed: May 2011
AntonioSersale, Owner at Le Sirenuse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2011

Hello I am Antonio Sersale, the owner of the Hotel and I wanted to personally thank you for having taken the time to write your thoughts on your experience at Le Sirenuse.

I would like first of all to say how sorry I am for the discomfort you suffered during your stay in room 65. You are totally right there is a laundry closet adjacent to the room, and thanks to your input I have spoke to the housekeeper asking her to forbid use of the closet until 11am in the morning.

Once again let me apologize and hope that you will return to visit us once again in the future so I can personally ensure your stay is a very pleasant one.