“Beautiful apartment with amazing views”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
Sandra B
Newark-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Beautiful apartment with amazing views”
Reviewed 4 July 2016 for a stay in June 2016
people found this review helpful

We spent 10 days here and it was a wonderful experience. We got a warm welcome from the owners, Rafaelle and his daughter Theresa, and they were always available for help and advice; while not being intrusive at all.
The apartment is extremely well equipped even having things such as a kettle and a toaster which you don't always get outside the uk. There was also a selection of wines and other drinks which you could purchase at very sensible prices.
It is however the location which makes this holiday home so special. Perched above Positiano the views are breathtaking; and a large terrace gives you the means to enjoy them to the full. Being so close to the mountains means you are in good walking territory but for sightseeing there is a local bus which is cheap and reliable, and gets you down (and back up again) to Positano itself.. The only slight downside to the bus is that it does get very packed which can be uncomfortable in the heat.
There are a couple of good local restaurants within walking distance, and the local mini supermarket while small is friendly and well stocked.

Brooke C
“Lovely house with stunning Views”
Reviewed 19 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016
people found this review helpful

We had a great time staying at Casa Monticello. The views from the terrace are breathtaking and so nice to wake up to. The house is above Positano, on Montepertuso but there is a bus stop outside which runs every hour and takes about 20 minutes to get down to the heart of the down (you can just walk to the beach or town from here). We loved that it was further away as it was quiet and peaceful and the views were amazing. There is a small shop and an amazing restaurant a short walk away and the house is a good starting point to get the Path of Gods. We would definitely recommend this property for those who are looking for a quiet, relaxing stay in Positano.

Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway People with pets
sheilarit...
Chicago, Illinois
“Nicest apartment on the Amalfi Coast.”
Reviewed 3 June 2016 for a stay in May 2016
people found this review helpful

As another reviewer asked, "Where do I start?"
I booked Casa Monticello for the month of May, 2016.
I have travelled around the world and have rented many apartments, homes, and villas for my vacation stays; and I must say Casa Monticello is by far the best place I have ever stayed, and my hosts - Raffaele, Teresa, Emilia, and Fabrizio - are simply the nicest people I have ever met in my travels.
I was met at the train station by Teresa and her husband, Fabrizio, who stopped along the way at scenic sites for me to take pictures. When we arrived, Raffaele and and his wife, Emilia, were very sweet and welcoming, taking care of my luggage with an ingenious lift that Raffaele had designed.
They showed me the apartment and made me feel immediately at home.
The apartment met and exceeded all expectations - extremely clean, very modern, and very comfortable, with many extra "touches" that really made the place special.
The view from the private terrace is stunning - mountains on 2 sides, Positano in all its glory 1000 feet beneath you, and the sea stretching out to the horizon.
The entire Guida family was very patient with my limited Italian, impressing me with their grasp of English. Especially Teresa, who speaks wonderful English and served as my hostess, translator, counselor, tour guide and booking agent my entire stay. My visit would not have been the same without her.
One of the special perks of staying here is Raffaele's boat. Each of my friends said the boat excursions were the highlights of their visit. Raffaele is an expert fisherman who knows the coast like the back of his hand, and with Teresa as our tour guide, Raffaele showed every nook and cranny of the coast during a water tour around each of the islands in the area, including Capri, with Teresa telling us the stories and myths of the area. We visited Capri, returning to the boat for a beautiful trip back. While the trips to Capri are beautiful, it is the trip from Positano south to Amalfi that had the most sights to see and stories to be told, and it is so different then what you can see by car.
The friendly little town of Montepertuso is in walking distance and has a small grocery store, a coffee bar, and a restaurant, Il Ritrovo, where Salvatore, his wife, and staff serve wonderful food and treat every guest as family. I went there many times.
I cannot overstate how wonderful my month was at Casa Monticello. I now consider it my "home" in Positano, and I will return.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The apartment, my hosts, and the stunning location.
Liked least: Nothing comes to mind.
Travelling group: Solo
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
Reviewed 21 January 2016 for a stay in August 2015

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: possibility to book boat trip around positano and amalfi coast in-house
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Heather B
“Fantastic Apartment!”
Reviewed 14 January 2016 for a stay in January 2016
people found this review helpful

We just got back from a trip around Italy and were fortunate enough to stay at the House Montecello for 4 nights (originally planned for only 3, but loved the apartment so much we stayed an additional night). The house is so well appointed, with all the comforts of home. The kitchen had great appliances and everything was clean and new; they included a bar and wine supplies should you not feel like leaving; all at reasonable prices. The whole apartment is very clean which is really important to us and our standards are set quite high so was another pleasant perk.

We didn't have the greatest weather so didn't utilize the deck as much as we had hoped, but I do have to say that the view from the rather large deck is simply divine. Our stay was in the off season so the bus to Montepertuso was a little infrequent, although if you grab a schedule you will be fine; the buses from Positano (just below) run much more frequently in the higher seasons (I believe every half hour or so). There is a bus stop right outside the property. We didn't have a car but there is plenty of parking at the property. If you walk down the road, it will take you about a half hour to 40mins to Bar International which is basically the start of Positano. There are markets and other stores there as well.

There is a little grocery shop in Montepertuso about a 5min stroll away, and a restaurant that is simply divine; Ill Ritrovo. We ate there 3 of the 4 nights we were there as it was that good! There are other restaurants right there too however some were closed due to being in the off season - didn't matter to us, we loved Il Ritrovo!

The grounds are beautiful here as well, with loads of gardens and the cutest dog (Mini Cooper) who becomes your daily welcome wagon.

Raffaele is very kind and aims to accommodate all that he can to make your stay wonderful. I highly recommend this apartment, and will absolutely be back. Oh and another perk is that the apartment is located near one of the Path of the Gods trail heads as well as other hikes in the area.

Can't wait to return!!!
Heather and Jason

Management Response
18 Jan 2016
Thank you for your wonderful review, I will be happy to welcome you again for your next holiday, and on that occasion I shall reserve a special treatment.
Best Begards Raffaele G.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing