“Bruno's Positano - Best view, best food for the $”
Review of Bruno

Bruno
Ranked #42 of 92 Restaurants in Positano
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 31 July 2011

My partner and I eat all our dinners at Bruno's every night!
If you are looking for elegance, then maybe not your place.
It is in a great location with a great view of Positano.
This is for those looking for that small and more simple Italian dinner.
And I cannot say enough about the view in the evening of Positano, there is no better.
Service might even be a bit slow for those on the go.
But for those of us who are not looking for elegance or fast service, this is the place!
This is JUST GREAT ITALIAN FOOD and a great way to spend an evening with GREAT FOOD. We would not tell people to go there is we did not eat every dinner there for 2 weeks on out visits.
You need to make a reservation early, if you want to sit outside and have the wonderful view of Positano in the evening.
The owners are so pleasant and so, so wanting to make it an expereience and the food and price is the best in Positanto for those who are not looking for expensive and elegance. I will admit because we eat there every night, the owners have become like family and always even going out of their way to give us foods they know we love, especially buratta...wow. and so much we have shared with tables around us.
Of course, at times, we have eaten lunch at more expensive and elegant restaurants but alwasy dinner at Bruno's.
On our 1st trip to Positano, the Hotel Marincanto made reservations there for our 1st night many years ago...and since then...well what else can we say.
If you decide to try it, tell the owners, Frank and Frank from ATLANTA sent you there.
Please also tell them our twice a year trips to Positano for 7 years, have had to sort of been put on hold because of the economy, but we WILL BE BACK!

1  Thank bestbet99
Write a ReviewReviews (1,361)

Reviewed 25 July 2011

During our week in Positano, we ate here twice. The food is excellent and the portions are generous. The restaurant has a lovely view overlooking Positano. We particularly enjoyed the home made pasta with clams and mussels. In Positano, the restaurants are quite expensive, but this restaurant offers good value: the bill for dinner for four plus a half-liter of house red was one hundred thirty five euros. We had spent 185 euros for a less good meal.

Reviewed 25 July 2011

I had the Spaghetti and lobster and it was one of the most memorable meals of my life. It was DELICIOUS. I'm still dreaming of this dish. Romantic views make this place a show stopper.

1  Thank alight46
Reviewed 11 July 2011

We just came back from here. Luckily we were well versed in the restaurant and menu. The staff was extremely helpful and willing. I think taking the time to speak a little Italian and express the fascination for food went a long way. We had fish pasta (extremely fresh ingredients), mixed vegetables, pasta, grilled provolone cheese in olive oil, and a wonderful bottle of red wine, finished with a pear tart. The view is incredible!! We would definitely go back - a very nice and romantic place...

1  Thank AlexnJouko
Reviewed 11 July 2011

OMG, me and my girlfriend went to Bruno's on a friend's recommendation. Outside sitting overlooking the Amalfi Coast, I had the best Frutti de Mare I've eaten in my entire life!! The beer was icy cold, the wind was blowing. Aah!! It was perfect.

1  Thank mah1