“Nice with good food”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 August 2016

Trying to find a place with early service in Porto Venere is not easy. At da Paolo the staff were willing to let us sit early and start looking at the menu to pick something for our daughter. The pizza and pasta were lovely. Food arrival a bit slow but given we were the first there the kitchen was likely just starting up.
We had previously had terribly poor service at the Palameria restaurant so it was so nice to have staff that were welcoming and willing to help.
Nothing is cheap in Porto Venere but in that context the meal was one of the better priced for the meal portions and quality of food. I would go again.

Reviewed 15 May 2016 via mobile

Went here with my gf. She ordered a Torino pizza and it was the best pizza I have ever tasted. Properly cooked through, amazing fresh ingredients. Highly advise eating here.. I had the pasta with shrimp and strawberries and that too was spectacular.

Reviewed 21 April 2016 via mobile

We went there with my husband. The kitchen was already closed and they served pizza only but the waiter offered that they would prepare any pasta for us. We decided to have pizza. A nice big plate, tasty ingredients on decent dough. And the service was funny - the waiter - Donato, talked with us like an old friend, we felt comfortable at this place.

Reviewed 11 September 2015

This restaurant is in a very convenient location just outside the town, where one could sit outside and watch the world go by - all very entertaining..

The main reason for the four stars was the excellent selection of wines - they had some local, very fragrant, whites at extremely reasonable prices.

The 'seafood soup' was not really soup - it was a medley of different seafoods on a smear of potato puree. The roasted vegetable side dishes were excellent.

Reviewed 13 July 2015

We had a nice late night dinner at this place after having a very bad experience at Da Iseo Restaurant (you can check my review there as well).
We were welcomed very warmly, and we were given a very good explanation about the wines available (we got a recommendation for a local white wine to pair with our fish, was very nice!).
We ordered a fish plate starter, I had home made gnocchetti with lobster and my partner had a nice pasta.
We also had a crème brulee as dessert and coffee. I have to say the dessert was not the best choice, but overall it was a very nice dining experience.