All reviews pool area junior suite lovely hotel costa smeralda breakfast is served stayed here for nights restaurants within walking distance hotel is situated would highly recommend this hotel a lovely stay cold meats great room poolside restaurant steep hill min walk olbia airport nice balcony
Reviewed 9 October 2017

We recently enjoyed a lovely 5 night stay at the Balocco. On arrival the staff were very welcoming and friendly. The hotel itself is very 'Italian' looking, quaint, stylish and beautifully decorated. It was exactly what we wanted.

We had a standard room which was basic and quite small but clean and had a gorgeous view. We had a few room issues which is why I haven't awarded the hotel 5 stars. The fridge in our room was broken, this was important as we had medicine that had to be kept chilled which the hotel were aware of. We reported this to staff but unfortunately was never fixed - they did offer us ice but this didn't solve our problem. The shower wasn't great and on one occasion the hot water completely ran out whilst I was in there and never came back on!

The best part of the hotel is my opinion is the pool area - absolutely beautiful. As we stayed in October there was always plenty of space even though the weather was still mid 20s.
Fabulous restaurant only 5 minutes away called La Briciola!

PLEASE NOTE: The hotel is at the top of a very steep hill. We did a few walks to the marina which was fine but not for anyone who has difficulty with mobility. Most guests appeared to have hire cars to get about which is strongly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jemma O
Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

Had a wonderful time when we stayed....room was clean every day ....good variety for breakfast ....staff were friendly and attentive ....nothing was too much trouble ....Rosella and the other reception staff were full of local tips ..locations ...places to eat.....highly recommended....many thanx

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2017

Great location of the hotel; fantastic views overlooking the port.
Nice quiet boutique hotel with breath taking views (our room was massive with a private terrace). Of course you have to pay a premium but it is worth it!

The whole of the hotel was very clean and well maintained.

Very nice pool area; sunny all day long.
However, absolutely awful depressing music played at the pool all day long and the same album every single day of our 10 days stay :(!

Reception staff extremely helpful; especialy Damiro and Franco and the porter!
For a 4 star hotel the breakfasts were very poor, lacking any fresh vegetables and fruits; eggs made to order would be much better than already prepared scrambled eggs in a tray which were often cold.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mimi K
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

My heavily pregnant fiancé and I stayed here for 4 nights in august 17.

It is a very nice, boutique style hotel.

There is a very nice man on front desk who helped us throughout the 4 days.

Would definitely return.

You definitely need a car. Not because of where the hotel is, but because everywhere on the costa smeralda is so far spread out

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chiefhelmet
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

Hi
I would to recommend Balocco hotel not because their staff had asked me to but because I felt the need to do it and share the beautiful experience my family and I had during our stay in the hotel and in the city of Porto Cervo. It was just magical . Everything was perfect from location of the hotel to the standard of the hotel as well as the 5 stars services we had.
If I have one small details that need probably some improvement is the AC in the room where it was bit warm and the size of the bathroom which was bit small for 02 people
Thank you to the staff who was very helpful and friendly and made our stay unforgettable
We will come back again