“unprofessional”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 7 August 2016

My wife and I visited Ponza and were staying in hotel Grand Hotel Santa Domitilla.
There are many restaurants between our hotel and your restaurant. The 28th of July evening we decided to eat dinner in thia restaurant. It was about 7.30 pm. The whole restaurant was almost empty; only two persons were sitting there. When we were taking seat with the table for two, one of staff said welcome to us. We asked another of staff / Mr Marco / for Menu. In that time we were already seated. He said that we have to leave, as the whole restaurant is fully booked for the whole evening. We did not understand why we were seated and welcomed in the beginning but after we were not allowed to eat. There was no sign about reservation for the tables. There were no sign about anything. He was not polite. On the contrary he was rather aggressive in that time. I was trying to come to some solution and asked him about reservation for the next day, or day after. His answer was that there is no table for us for the next two weeks. The whole situation was humiliating for us. We travel rather often. We visited many different countries. But we were never treated so badly as in this restaurant. It was big surprise that Italian people can be so unprofessional and so un-polite.

Reviewed 16 July 2016 via mobile

Very nice setting, came by Tripadvisor reviews. Service seemed fine at start. But food was not perfect, and particularly the waitress missed our order. Then did not follow up. Some of the dinner came half an hour after the others. And then to end it took 45 minutes to pay.
Left unhappy!!
( the sommelierxwas great though)

Reviewed 27 June 2016

I am travelling alone and had reservation for - inside! They failed to mention I would be ALONE inside an empty room whilst entire world partied OUTSIDE - add more insult to injury - the only other empty table was also taken outside. I was made to feel like a leper .. No service .. No refill of wine ..spoilt my last night in Ponza. Was it because I was alone or female or old or not white? Figure it out for yourselves. Mr owner be ashamed for making me feel like dirt, if you have any decency donate the €73 to charity and don't justify with meaningless platitude - facts remain you SUCKED. I Travel the world and yours is possibly the worst restaurant ..it is not only about food but how you make someones moment ..even street sellers in Shanghai have better manners and treat you like an equal.

3  Thank coniraces
Reviewed 18 June 2016 via mobile

Great food, Great Service, Great Setting. After looking good restaurants up on the Internet, an article in the guardian led us to this place. All I can say is it was perfect. Yes it is slightly expensive but the service and food is completely perfect. If you like seafood and can appreciate a good meal then I would certainly recommend this place. Bellissimo!!!

Reviewed 15 June 2016 via mobile

I ate in Acqua Pazza with some friends last year in August.. It was fantastic! Great location, just in front of the sea (Ponza is amazing), fantastic food (I am Italian, so trust me) and finally amazing staff...It's definitely one of the best restaurant I've gone in my life ... I'd suggest CALAMARATA, surely the best one!!! Compliments to all the staff.