All reviewsfrescoed ceilingyogurtdouble windowsno elevatorpastrythe ownernice living roomlong flight of stairsfamily affairunderground tourbreakfast is servedrestaurant downstairsdelightful innpaninistreet noisepiazza del duomothe location is perfect
Reviewed 8 October 2016

We spent two nights here while on our three week biking trip in September. Serena had reserved the top floor apartment for us, and it did not disappoint. We had room for the four of us on a balcony overlooking Orvieto. Serena was also most helpful in making reservations for us for dinner. A great place to stay right in the heart of Orvieto.

Reviewed 29 September 2016

La Magnolia lived up to its positive reviews and is a solid budget stay. We stayed one night. Good communication with owner (helped us find our way through town by phone even though she was caring for her father at that moment), parking just on other side of Cathedral, Owner left us a note and the key due to her caring for her father's illness but it was easy to access the rooms, very comfortable and clean room/bathroom (up one set of stairs - there appear to be 3 rooms, our friends stayed in the one with the kitchenette-sitting area and appreciated to ability to make coffee etc.), continental breakfast in cafe downstairs - juice, yogurt, choice of roll and coffee, and above all a PERFECT location (one block from the Cathedral, Piazza del Duomo and excellent restaurants) to stay in the beautiful hill town of Orvieto.

Room Tip: kitchenette room on street side, same price, has sitting area-table, bed in separate room; our room on back side, very quiet-no kitchenette.
Reviewed 22 September 2016

We spent two nights at La Magnolia and found it both clean and comfortable. It has a great location just along from Duomo, but then Orvieto is so small that location is not such a big issue.
I would describe it as a good basic B&B, there were no tea and coffee facilities, no room safe and the air-conditioning was useless. Breakfast is served downstairs in a café owned by the family and consisted only of coffee, pastries and yogurt. Our room was not serviced daily and we weren’t provided with enough toiletries to last the stay.
Our host was friendly on arrival but not in evidence during our stay.

Room Tip: Our room was on the first floor and although it overlooked a very noisy street it was very quiet with the windows closed.
2  Thank rob091
bblamagnolia, Direttore at Residence La Magnolia Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2016

dear guest,
I don't know who you are..maybe using thename it's better.. but it's ok..
we are sorry you were not happy like all the other guests..we are a B&B with a price of a B&B!! and not 4 stars hotel with facilities you require! if you were not able to use the air conditioning please tell us, it's more simple , for the other guests the air was working but not for you only?? we find to do the best and all our guests appreciate that but fortunately we are all different in the world!
Grazie
direction

Reviewed 22 September 2016 via mobile

We are so glad we stopped in Orvieto and stayed at La Magnolia B&B. Check in was a little odd as there was a note on the door and a key left. We found out later that Serena had a family emergency was in Rome that day. But everything was ready and the room was clean and comfortable. There was a light continental breakfast daily at the cafe next door. The town was one of my favorites and we were centrally located. It was easy to access from the train and funicolare. We are glad we came to Orvieto and would stay here again.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2016

B and B Magnolia is in the perfect location: close to the Duomo, near many choices for eating, and central to any of the sights you might want to see in Orvieto (with the exception of the Etruscan cemetary--that is outside the hilltop town). Rooms are beautifully furnished. We enjoyed the small but pretty well outfitted kitchen. The balcony gave us fantastic views of the streets, charming tile roofs, the hills beyond, and, magnificently, the Duomo. Breakfast was downstairs, in the small attached cafe, and included coffee, a pastry, and yoghurt.

I would stay here again and recommend La Magnolia, but with some caveats:
1) I wanted to book through Airbnb (since they are listed there), but the owner said that she would take the reservation.
2) The email she sent described the rooms perfectly, reiterated that we were staying two nights, and said the rooms were 95 Euros. I took that to mean the total, since it did not say per night. When I went to check out, I was asked for 190 Euros. I would accept that this was a simple miscommunication, but there was another woman with a printout of her email also concerned about the price. (She was young, maybe a college student, and perhaps could not easily afford the unexpected cost).
3) I had to pay in cash; I wanted to use my credit card but was told the machine was broken.
4) The check-out procedure was a bit haphazard. I forgot to ask for my passport back; fortunately, we had not left town when I remembered. Then, I had to go back a second time when I realized they had not asked for the key and it was still in my pocket!
5) Parking is nearby, but you must pay during the day, and it adds up. Plus, you need a lot of coins. You can pay for the entire day, so you do not have to keep going back to feed the meter, but I think it was about 28 Euros a day (I could be wrong on that). Overnight parking from 10pm to 8 am is free. Just budget it in and save your coins; it is worth it to stay in this lovely town.
Ultimately, the 190 Euros for 2 nights for 3 people is reasonable, but there should be more clarity. Also, if the business is advetising on Airbnb, they should book through it. That would have allowed me to use my credit card and I would not have been surprised at the price when we checked out.
This is such a wonderful B and B. I hope they improve their communications, because that is the only reason I did not give La Magnolia a 5.

Room Tip: The second floor in Italy is the third floor in the US. We had over 60 steps to climb. No big deal for me, but be aware for older visitors.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family