We have spent in Venice five unforgettable days and four unforgettable nights. We want to express our sincere gratitude to Maurizio and Giovanna, and thank them for making every of our days more fruitful, more sweet and sunny.
The hotel is beautiful, clean, very nice and cozy. Having returned from this trip we've learned that the gorgeous pictures in the hotel are made by Giovanna (or at least we believe so).
The hotel is in Mestre, but it is wonderful every morning to wake with the song of the birds, to travel the 15 minutes to Venice enjoying the bridge and the blue sea and trembled for Venice. Every day our way through was starting with the bus and immediately thereafter with the boat (ship/vaporetto).
We've bought a nice guide, as we do usually, but our kind host told us about Venice a lot better than any guide. He was like a best friend and guide for us. Venetian Maurizio told us where and how to pass, thereby we have explored and saw the city in a very nice way. He told us what to avoid, what to emphasize and how to save in expensive Venice (i.e. how to take a Gondolla for EUR 0.5) . Thanks to Maurizio we had a very sweet, romantic and inexpensive dinner.
Maurizio is so good man, that when he realized that one of us needs to observe a strict diet he felt embarrassed and immediately offered to buy something appropriate which made us smiling of this manifestation of kindness.
Perhaps some of you would preffer to sleep on the island instead of Mestre which might be more enjoyable. But beware:
- You may want to relax from the climate of the island, where humidity and stuffiness can be higher during the summer.
- If you do not get a hotel in Mestre, make sure that it is easy to get to it no matter how close it looks like. Ultimately, if you need to grab a taxi in Venice, it can cost you say 70 euros to the hotel.
- Prices of hotels in Venice are quite high. If you want to save money, you better stay away from Venice itself.
- If you want to go to a nearby city, such as Verona and Padua where we went, you will probably be more comfortable to be in Mestre, just like us.
- If you want to be good hunting for a bargain in the morning and evening from a large store, then Outlet Sweet Venice is definitely worth - around is a large and handsome store - the PAM Supermarket.
Other comments about the hotel:
- The breakfast, it not anything special but for us it was always preferable to buy something on our own instead of taking an expensive hotel breakfast.
- The hotel is on a nice and pretty quiet street. Under our room there was a restaurant but after 24:00 it had no noise - obviously the people were getting at home at that time. We go to bed later do normally, so it was not a problem for us at all.
- Beds and bedding are very comfortable. There is air conditioning, which we did not needed.
- For our great surprise we had two full rooms instead of just a bedroom.
Enjoy your stay in Venice, romance and love!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Outlet Sweet Venice reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Outlet Sweet Venice Hotel Mestre
- Outlet Sweet Venice Province Of Venice/Mestre