“Beautiful setting, great service and food”

Ristorante Hotel Residence Il Porto
Ranked #16 of 57 Restaurants in Mattinata
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 June 2017

The restaurant and hotel occupy an ideal spot overlooking the entire beach of Mattinata. Its one of the best views in the area. The infinity pool is also lit at night and adds to the ambiance. Clients dress up a bit more here than other places. Restaurant service is very good. Staff is friendly and attentive. The food was very good. The prices of standard menu items are reasonable, although I wouldn't say the menu is extensive. However, it was varied enough. Like other restaurants they promote the fresh fish which is market priced and increases the price point, but the mixed seafood grill I had was consistently good across every type of fish - the tuna and swordfish were standouts! The serve a locally roasted coffee - Mike - which I found to be excellent. Parking is easy.

Reviewed 4 April 2017 via mobile

We had the half board for three nights here and were worried about the choices. Not a problem. It was just after their spring opening so like a private house. Choices were excellent and served uniquely, hot, fresh tasty.
Excellent service from lorenzo.
Sea food incredible. Desserts wonderful. Good portions .
Only issue was no heat. But it was early
Lovely view over the beach and mountains

Reviewed 4 April 2016

We ate here on a Saturday night without knowing that a wedding was taking place so we had to eat outside. At first it was fine but it did get a bit cold before the dessert was served so we moved inside with the guests. It didn't spoil the dinner which was excellent although wasted on small children. We did return later in the week and asked them to create a child friendly dinner which they did so we could enjoy the exquisite food again.

Reviewed 28 October 2015

.this restaurant is by far the best we visited in Mattinata, where we stayed in October (off season). Specially the "Fritti del Mare" is worth the visit. The restaurant is at the high end of the market and certainly not comparable to any pizza place.

Reviewed 6 October 2015

Dined in the restaurant as we were staying in this lovely hotel. It was a wonderful night, warm and clear, and the setting, overlooking the little bay was pure magic. We shared the seafood starter, which was really nice, with about 6 different items, each delicious and beautifully presented. It would certainly have been a lot of food for one person. I ordered the plum crusted lamb chops, which were the best I have ever eaten. The meat was perfectly cooked, succulent and full of flavour. The plum crust and jus was out of this world. It was so good, I asked the waiter to fetch the Chef. I think the poor chap thought I was going to complain, and had a look of relief when I told him in my broken Itslian that the meal was the best I had ever had in my life!

The wait staff all speak multiple languages and are friendly and efficient. This was one meal we won't forget in a hurry! Really excellent. We dined there again the next evening, and my husband had the lamb which he thoroughly enjoyed also. I had the fish which was beautifully cooked.

Well done everyone! Really beautiful restaurant with excellent food and service,