We sure enjoyed our stay in Casa Imma. Our intention was to rent a car at first but our bus trip from the airport tp Sorrento changed our mind so we took a taxi to the Casa instead. This made the Casa a little hard to access but we got use to the bussing system in no time and got around with no issues. We fell in love with the casa. Very private and the view is breathtaking. I would recommend to spend the time to discover the village (Nerano) where the Casa is. We walk to the beach which is also accessible by bus, and discovered that we had a paradise in our front yard. There is also boat access from there to Capri, Amalfi, Positano, etc... We were depressed having to leave this place after seven days. We wish we could have stayed longer. We also got to meet Luciana which greated us to the Casa. It was delightfull.
16 years ago I spent a week at this villa with my sister and her husband. It was a fabulous holiday. I've just returned from a week at Casa Imma with my husband of 15 years. The villa is perfectly located for exploring the quiet side of the Amalfi Coast and the Sorrentine peninsula. There are plenty of great restaurants (Ristorante Tramonto Rosso, Taverna del Capitano, Il Cantuccio) nearby as well as Olga's in Nerano (still after 30 years) and a grocery in S. Agata for groceries. If you want a holiday out of the busy-ness of larger towns of Amalfi, Positano, etc. this place is perfect.
- The space is perfect...open indoors and out.
- Views of the mountains and ocean are truly stunning
- Patio and pool are hard to leave - well done improvement
- Love the location in a very small town, close to Marina del Cantone and plenty of basic conveniences without being in the thick of things
- Andrea was quite helpful on site
- clean, well supplied, consistent wifi and very safe
I paused rating a 5, only because there are a two changes if made would make me want to return every year:
- A neighbor's barking dog (mind you, there are barking dogs in an area like this which is quite tolerable). This one dog was clearly neglected and left to bark outdoors day and night. We were kept awake the first few nights. Once we told Andrea, Imma clearly had a conversation with the neighbor as the situation improved, though not eliminated.
- The master bed. We have traveled extensively, from simple eco-tents to 5-star resorts/hotels. Only one bed, at a villa in Portugal, was worse than this bed. It is so hard that we both had a fair amount of hip and back pain every morning. Please invest in a good bed. I suspect if the bed were more comfortable the barking dog would have been less of a nuisance.
These two things aside, we LOVED Casa Imma. It is a special villa in a special location in a wonderful part of the world. Many thanks for a wonderful week.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
It is a very beautiful house , very quite place , good pool and the view is amazing !! No dishwasher machine a bit uncomfortable , and the garage to park the car it is very dangerous !
Wonderful little villa with amazing ocean view, really big terrace and private pool and sun beds in the hills of the Sorrento peninsula close to Nerano!
The pictures don't lie and the reality it is much more beautiful!
The villa and its garden and pool are neat and clean and the rooms are fresh painted and all rooms have access to the terrace!
Beds are also new and comfortable.
Kitchen furniture are a little oldfashioned but clean!
We never cooked there, went often to nice restaurants in the area or had an wine, salade and cheese dinner on the terrace with sparkling stars and moonshine.
To go there you should have a car and have to drive lots and lots of bends along the winding coast side and hills with stunning views!
From Neaples airport it's an 1:30 h drive! 30 minutes drive to Sorrento!
Parking behind the gate of Casa Imma is a little narrow but possible.
Two tiny grocery markets are in Nerano, 5 minutes foot walk from Casa Imma!
We, two couples, did lots of sideseeing, went to the Amalfi coast, took the train 'Circumvesuviana' from Sorrento to Neapel, Pompeji and Herculaneum which is a 'must have seen'!
We did a hike from Nerano to 'Punta Campanella' where is a coastal nature reserve and where you can rent a kayak!
One week is definitely to short to see everything!
Andrea, the nice lady who gave us the key recommended some nice restaurants, helped with the parking and gave us all the informations we needed!
As you are on the country side there are some dogs barking in the evening and rooster crying in the morning but you don't hear cars during the night!
We enjoyed pretty much staying at Casa Imma!
|Check-in / front desk||Service|
|A romantic getaway||Luxury-minded travelers|