See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 September 2016 via mobile

We visited this hotel on a nostalgic trip for me and a fist for my family. I've known the Lombardi family from back in the 70s and 80s and the hotel has grown and modernised ever since. You'll be assured a pleasant stay by lovely staff. The great views mean it is a bit out of town but still can be reached on foot by fit people. Great pool, quiet setting. Would love to come again.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 September 2015 via mobile

Booked through booking.com on our honeymoon tour of Europe.
Website stated 0.8km from town, arrived it is at least 4km up a massive winding road.
It would not be possible to stay at this hotel and walk to / from town.
I asked receptionist the cost to check out so we could find closer hotel and we were told it would be 1 nights stay (€240), the manager wasn't there but it would be sorted when he came in.
Although not totally happy with €240 stated as 1 nights stay we decided to take the hit and sort it at a later date.
We left to find alternate accommodation and left in good faith.
I had no other problem with the hotel at this point other than distance.
Checked my statement a few days later whilst continuing travelling Europe and hotel charged €480= full 3 day stay!
Booking.com totally wiped their hands of the situation and the hotel claimed it was a no show! How this is possibly a no show when we checked in I do not know!
I am now having to deal with European consumer agents due to the fact the hotel will not waiver any part of the charge or enter into any kind of dialogue.
Please people BEWARE when dealing with this hotel. They have blatantly waited until I left the hotel and taken full advantage.
To summarise a simple problem has now totally ruined our honeymoon and some people just aren't happy to deal with customers as human beings.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pincher2105
Reviewed 16 July 2015

The View from this hotel is just out of the world!!! On one side, there are Mountain Alps and on the other side is Lake Garda with a stunning view. The Pool has a beautiful view as well. The only drawback was that the day when we stayed there, it was too hot there and the ACs got off at 11pm automatically and they said they can't help it.

Room Tip: Please look for a room with a view to lake Garda.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2015

My favorite hotel in Italy. Great service and personal atmosphere. Lovely big rooms and apartments/family suits. Great for families. Nice pool. The view is stunning from the hillside overlooking Lake Garda, cannot get enough of it. Will be back again and again. Malcesine is a charming little town and Monte Baldo wonderful for hiking.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2015

We love, love, love the view of the Malcesine Castle at the shore of Lake Garda with the backdrop of the cascading mountains from our window and balcony. The spa was wonderful with a mountain view. Also only one person at the front desk spoke good English, the servers at the restaurant barely spoke any English. No brochures available in English.

Room Tip: Make sure you get the GPS coordinate to this place to avoid getting lost.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple