1,681 results
All reviewsroof terracesea viewamalfi coastsplash poolcomfort roomreception staffacross the roadlovely hotelcoffee machinehalf boardfourth floorfantastic holidaybuffet stylecooked breakfastsmall poolhotel guestsamazing views
Reviewed 16 September 2017

There are definite pro's and cons with the Panorama.
When we first arrived we got room 103, which to be fair, was grim at best. The window didn't close, the AC didn't work and it generally looked like it had not been touched since the early 80's. Saying that, I saw someone in reception, a lovely person called Anna, who managed to arrange a room change to one of the refurbished rooms on the 4th floor (for an extra 30 euro a night but money well spent) despite the hotel being very busy which we very much appreciated.
Also, for the time we were there the pool was out of service for "extraordinary maintenance" but I dont think the maintenance guys were that extraordinary as we never saw anyone working on it and suspect as it was early September the pool was closed for the season. That was a bit of a bugbear, but didn't detract too much.
The staff were all fantastic and super helpful, especially the front desk staff and the bar staff/servers. Really can't reiterate that enough.
The new room (401) was awesome and couldn't really fault it. It was cleaned daily and had everything we needed.
Overall, a very nice hotel as long as you're not in 103!
(to get a baby cot in your room is an extra 10euro per night which we felt was a bit of a rip off, but ultimately, you're over a barrel so had to pay up)

Room Tip: the 3rd and 4th floors have all been refurbished and are worth the extra money
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 September 2017

First, let me start by saying how surprised I am at reading any bad reviews about Hotel Panorama. After our stay there I can't believe they are about the same hotel because we had nothing but a wonderful time. My review of Hotel Panorama is as follows (it's a bit wordy but worth the read): 1. The hotel is located right across the street from the beach and on the main strip in Maiori, making getting around the area very convenient. There are tons of great restaurants, gelato places, and cafes all around. The hotel has a private beach area, which yes you have to pay extra to use but this is common all over Italy on private beaches. For the price you get one lounge chair, one sun bed and the umbrella. The prices range according to the row you choose and honestly even if you choose the last row of sun chairs you will still be only steps from the sea. They provide beach towels for you which is great because traveling there form the U.S. i really didn't want to use up precious luggage space/weight with bulky beach towels. 2. They have a lovely and clean pool area upstairs, which we did not get to use since we spent most of our time either site seeing or relaxing on the beach. There is also a bar area upstairs with reasonably priced drinks, which you can enjoy as you take in the breathtaking sea and Amalfi coast views. 3. The hotel is kept exceptionally clean, I personally saw the cleaning crew mopping the floors in the main entrance areas multiple times a day. 4. What a breakfast! I have traveled to Italy many times and stayed in various hotels and never have I seen pancakes offered for a breakfast buffet. Everything was fresh and delicious, especially the whole wheat cornetti filled with fruit jam. 5. Ok, i will admit that we felt the a/c in our room was a little weak but we were also aware of the fact that many places in Italy don't have the same strength of a/c we are used to in the U.S. In fact, many people in Italy are totally anti-air conditioning because they feel it may bring on a cold. It's important to remember that when traveling to another country you may not find the same types of comforts that we are used to at home. 6. In order to save on a room rate we went for the comfort room which did not have a balcony or sea view, however, it was spacious enough for myself and my husband, the bathroom was huge (in comparison to most Italian bathrooms), and our room was perfectly tidied each day. 7. The front desk is exceptional. I cannot tell you how many emails I sent to them even before we arrived there and each time my questions were answered promptly. (I sent so many emails that they knew exactly who I was when i checked in, lol !). A HUGE THANK YOU especially to Anna and Ida, they had so much patience with me and my million questions. Grazie ragazze! 8. FERRAGOSTO, we spent the Ferragosto holiday at Hotel Panorama and decided to have dinner at the hotel so that we could have a prime view of the fire works. OMG, I felt like I was at a wedding with all the food. It was amazing. From cocktail hour with so many appetizers, to the main course of meats and pastas. The desserts were also first class and they had live music entertainment as well. The price we paid for the dinner also included unlimited wine. It was such an incredible night. Maiori is such a lovely seaside town on the Amalfi coast, away from all the crazy hustle and bustle of busier places like Capri. We felt like we were at home during our stay there and we cannot wait to return. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Spend the extra money and get the rooms with a balcony and sea view!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Abruzzese2000
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

We had an amazing stay at this hotel, we stayed here for 3 nights. We had a seaview room with an excellent view of Maiori. The rooms are modern, clean and cleaned daily by the housekeepers. The breakfast is also good with a wide range of goodies. The staff are very friendly​, polite and attentive. If you are planning on a visit then you must stay here!!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2017

Visited Hotel Panorama at the end of May/beginning of June 2017. I thought the hotel reception area was well maintained with friendly staff available to answer any questions. We had a room on the first floor, with a small Juliet balcony overlooking the sea on the right-hand side. The room was very basic and a little dated but it had all the essentials including a hair dryer and a few cloak hangers. We were disturbed a few mornings with the Italian traffic but that was to be expected. Breakfast was simple, enough choice for everyone and although we never enjoyed an evening meal, drinks at the bar were decently priced. The view from the hotel breakfast balcony is spectacular! Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Hotel Panorama, it's in a great location, central to most attractions and a 10-minute water-ferry to the town of Amalfi is a 5-minute walk from the hotel, would recommend!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2017

We arrived at the hotel at about 0030 Tuesday morning and were dealt with in a very efficient manner. When we eventually woke up and had a good look around the room (101) we were quite happy. First shower was a surprise as the bathroom taps ran at the same time as the shower unit. A hotel room to us is somewhere to sleep and change, ours was quiet and outside noise was minimal. Once we had sorted out how to operate the air conditioning we were perfectly happy. Got up for breakfast and the selection on offer was very good and very much help yourself. The dining area is on the 5th floor with an open panoramic view of the whole of the front of Maiori and what a view it is. Whilst the staff were very friendly they did leave you to sort yourself out. We were only on bed and breakfast as myself and my wife, son and his wife like to get a good taste of local food. The hotel has its own beach area which you pay to use, however this means you get no hassle from passing hawkers. The sea was always clean and the beach packed.. It also had its own eating area and prices were very reasonable. Most evenings before going out to eat we would start and finish with a drink in the bar. Donato and Salvatore were very helpful and we became very friendly with them both. Often after eating out we would call back in the bar for a couple of drinks. Some of the nights there was local entertainment on and Donato would now and again take to the mike. They both epitomised the staff at this very friendly hotel.
We did have one meal at the hotel which was really good and service was very prompt. We had a late checkout on the Monday and were offered a room to freshen up however we decided that we would not bother, at least the offer was made. The hotel is well situated and the dock for the ferry's was less than a 10 minute walk as was the main street of the town. The promenade was a great walk and always busy with visitors and locals. Maiori is a very good place to base yourself if you want to see the rest of the Amalfi Coast. Good ferry service to Minori, Positano and Amalfi itself.

Room Tip: We had two rooms opposite each other on the ground floor they were both at the end of a corridor and thus very quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family