Aparthotel Carinzia(Lignano Sabbiadoro)
Free cancellation until 23/07
Book now, pay at stay
USD 132
Al Cavallino Bianco(Lignano Sabbiadoro)
USD 148
Hotels.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Aparthotel Ponza(Lignano Sabbiadoro)
American Hotel(Lignano Sabbiadoro)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Albergo Capanna d'Oro(Lignano Sabbiadoro)
  • Beachfront
Abbazia Hotel(Lignano Sabbiadoro)
  • Pool
Albergo alla Nave(Lignano Sabbiadoro)
TripAdvisor
Albatros Centro Vacanze(Lignano Sabbiadoro)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 October 2016

I work in Italy at the moment, and was hoping to have just a day or two away at the beach. I wanted a place close to the beach, with breakfast, and within a decent price range. Not only did I get that, but also found a hotel with one of the friendliest staffs with whom I've been privileged to interact! My friend also came the same weekend I was there, and she has two children - we were both VERY impressed with how they treated them. They had a VERY comfortable set up, too. The breakfast/dining room was spacious with some outdoor seating, the lobby was quite large, and they had a very comfortable and attentive bar area. The outdoor pool was clean with plenty of lounging chairs, and they even had a mini play area for young kids. The beach was literally a 1 minute walk away - right across the street. AND they had gated parking. I also loved how there were two large bottles of water, cookies, and a bottle of white wine in the room - all complimentary! Excellent find. I will go back - for SURE!

Room Tip: The rooms on the front side (facing the Adriatic) are worth the price if you plan to spend time indoors.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 July 2016

family friendly and accepting pets, rooms are small and a/c quite weak..
this hotel is clean and has a nice pool.
you are entitled to a complementary umbrella and a couple of deckchairs, but dogs are not allowed at that beach. The beach were dogs are accepted is about 2 km away at punta faro

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2016

+ very good location
+ WIFI connection in room
+ private free parking
- everyday the same breakfast!
- some un-nice personal
- small and old rooms (bath rooms!)
- bad noise isolation
- difficult to get baggage in hotel (NO help)

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vincent X
Reviewed 5 September 2015

I checked in to the Hotel International on August 17 for a two week stay. I arrived in a taxi and carried my own bags in for the check-in as there is no valet and the only luggage rack was unavailable. I was notified at the front desk that the entire stay had to be paid for upon check in. Normal policy for hotels that you rent by the hour, or something in the old Soviet Union, but not for a two week stay in Italy. My back was sore, my luggage was daunting, my taxi was gone, so I decided to chance it. I maneuvered my luggage into the compact elevator and after only 3 attempts managed to get the door closed and safely arrived at the third floor where my room was located. I entered the small narrow passage that led to the small narrow room, passing the small narrow bathroom on the way. I put my luggage in the only available space, hopped over it, and took the one step into the bathroom to get cleaned up from the trip. I angled my way to the sink, and checked out what would be my bathroom for the next two weeks. Included were: Sink with no drain stop ( careful with those contact lenses, rings etc.) Shower with large excellent shower head, but not enough room to get under it.Two soap dispensers, one in the shower and one by the sink, with the super economy non sudsing variety of soap found in your best two star hotel. Bidet, but no bidet towels, (possibility for unpleasant confusion with face towels) and no hooks to hang anything on. OK, I was starting to understand the pre-payment policy. I moved out of the bathroom, hopped over my luggage and examined the sleeping quarters. Good sized bed with couch, desk, night stands and stains, closely attatched. Armoire with compact safe to secure a single credit card or 1/2 a passport, not both. Camoflage patterned rug, originally a light beige, with musty smell included. I could hear the whisper of the air conditioner, but could not actually feel any cool air. Free wi-fi for one device only ??? if you have the time to wait for it. I decided to wait for it and used my phone to find the website that had persuaded me to consider this hotel. Four stars well deserved for deceptive advertising.This hotel does have a good location, in Italy, on a beautiful beach. It does not deserve 4 stars for anything else. The food served in the dining room was below average, and uninspired considering the options available in Italy. The normal ammenities included in a four star designation were almost universally missing. Very shabby!!! Poor attitude
on the part of management when confronted with these observations.Hey, they already have your money!!! Hotel staff were for the most part neutral, with a few noticeable exceptions. Housekeeping were very friendly and accomodating. The Maitred' was also friendly and helpful. Barmen and some waitstaff were very friendly, others robotic. The front desk was for the most part unpleasant, possibly due to the amount of complaints they have to deal with. All in all, I would never recommend this hotel to anyone, it being completely undeserving of its four star rating.

Room Tip: For the price, try another hotel
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank William S
Reviewed 5 September 2015

We have been fans of Lignano Sabbiadoro forever, and I am glad to report the town itself is as enjoyable as it ever was: good restaurants, cafes' and gelaterias, lots of activities for every age group, and great boutiques for clothing, shoes, accessories, the Italian bounty indeed.
However, the hotel we stayed at, or, I should say, got stuck with (missed the fine print unfortunately), was WAY below what its category should guarantee. We had picked it because of its location right opposite the beach, and that is about the only area in which it did not disappoint. Well, that, and few pleasant members of the staff at the bar, restaurant, and housekeeping, who had pride in their work, and nice manners.
Here is a quick description of a most puzzling, allegedly four-star, experience.
There is NO valet, no help with the luggage whatsoever; ONE trolley only to be shared among guests coming and going.
The guest rooms are small and smell musty, maybe because they are carpeted (carpet at the beach?). The carpet is stained, and dotted with a few holes here and there.
Rooms are not appointed with soap bars, shampoo or conditioner (not to mention robes and slippers), only a liquid soap in wall-mounted cheesy containers.
Bring your own pens and note pad, there aren't any in the rooms.
So, upon our arrival, we had to go out at once, to shop for toiletries and other essentials, normally found in three-star hotels.
The safes are too small for an average wallet to fit, never mind a jewelry pouch or/and passport sleeves. There could just as well have been none.
The breakfast spread is not particularly fresh, especially considering we are talking about a four-star hotel in Italy, a country with great brioches and amazing fruit; it is also an unimaginative buffet, the same identical thing every day, and the yogurt was occasionally "frizzante" (sparkling), meaning it had more live cultures than you would want it to.
The dinner buffet is as un-Italian as I have ever seen and tasted in Italy: lots of mediocre foods drowning in heavy sauces or mayonnaise. No "a la carte" menu, which is also unusual for four-star hotels. The maitre d' was trying as best he could to compensate for all this with a lovely, smiling countenance, and real hard work, but it was a difficult task. Kudos to him for doing that anyway.
When staying at a beach hotel where beach umbrellas and lounges are included with the room, you would usually expect to be supplied with beach towels as well, and in the case of this hotel you would be wrong. We did in fact explain to the front desk that we do not travel around the world with beach towels, nor do we particularly wish to buy them, since in Italy there are many other preferable purchase options to weigh down your luggage with.
We were eventually provided with beach towels for our stay by the owners of the property, who made us feel as if we were being treated as VIPs because of this.
Moreover: there is no laundry or ironing service: we had to walk blocks to the laundry-dry cleaning business with laundry bags, and walk back to the hotel, a few days later, with packages and hangers of our clean clothing (once again, there are countless three-star hotels that offer laundry service, including same day service, so we would never have expected this issue from this category).
The Wifi is beyond weak, same with the air-conditioning. There was also some funny business with the parking lot, confiscated by the authorities few days after our arrival, but that might be a case of internal politics, too complicated for tourists to understand.
It is fortunate that we have been staying at several delightful four-star and three-star hotels in Italy, and that this one is, and hopefully will remain, an exception.

Room Tip: Ask if they have rooms with tiles rather than carpet, or rooms with newer carpets, and functioning air-conditioning.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple