“Not a Tragedy”

Ranked #37 of 121 Restaurants in Lerici
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 20 December 2014

We were in Lerici at a quiet non touristic time and walked from our hotel and stumbled upon En Tragia on a wet windy night. We were the only customers and it was like stepping back in time. The owner and staff were very accommodating and the meal was the biggest I've eaten in a long time. Good pasta and seafood, simple but special too.
Loved it as an experience. We went back a couple of nights later and sat outside and were not disappointed. Good friendly service and good food.

Reviewed 29 September 2014

There are a lot of restaurants to choose from in Lerici, but this is a pretty good choice for a seat right at the seafront, with a nice view of the gorgeous bay and the castle. Service was ok, food was pretty good, and prices not as much of a tourist-ripoff as one might expect!

Tip: a bathroom is available here, too - go into the gelato shop on the corner and it's at the end of the store.

Reviewed 26 September 2014

After reading other reviews of this restaurant, i was a bit confused since reviews were primarily regarding steak, pesto and tomato sauces+pizza. Was this the same place we stumbled on? I checked the address and sure enough, it was the same place...En tragia.

They must do everything well since we were here for seafood and nothing else. But like other reviewers (who ordered differently) we were delightfully pleased and would return frequently if in the area.

Lerici is smack on the Italian coast, with a harbor full of small individual fishing boats and a few semi- larger commercial ones. SEAFOOD therefore had to be the "raison d'etre" for eating anywhere in Lerici. It was late in the afternoon and few other restaurants had desirable choices with equally desirable prices. For some reason, En Tragia beckoned us. The menu was right as were prices. The ambiance was casual, welcoming and informal, but just the kind that appealed to us at the moment.

Anything seafood or fish here is a must. I am not a spaghetti vongole fan, not at all. I ordered it anyway and am now a believer. Freshest of clams, sweet, rich and in abundance with a clam nectar both subtle and flavorful that made the spaghetti sing.

Calamari, deep fried, was dipped in a batter that hinted of other subtle flavors, enhancing the perfectly fresh calamari. While I prefer sauteed calamari, I'd return anyday for this deep fried cousin. It is not to be missed.

Clams and mussles are served steamed together or separately. It's rare to find both mussles and Clams in the same pot, but there they were. Equally fresh, tender, mouth-watering.

Fresh fish, lightly sauteed yes! Why be in Lerici if fish isn't the objective? And En Tragia won't disappoint.

The waiter was great. He spoke English, but we can manage food in Italian. Just fun, savvy people so language simply won't be an obstacle to terrific eating.

Reviewed 20 September 2014

it was a very good meal. However, certainly not the best I had in Italy. They charged me for bread even though I refused it when they brought it to me.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Three of us went for a birthday dinner. I was with two Italian speakers, so ordering was no issue - although I'm sure they would have spoken English if necessary - not that should put you off as the food, service and atmosphere were all great.

We ordered two starters between the three of us - as it happens that was two different sorts of mussels. The chilli & tomato ones were especially good, as were the white wine, herd and lemon ones. The two plates were more than enough for the three of us.

I followed that with a sliced steak, Parmesan cheese and rocket main course. That was accompanied with a side salad and french fries. They didn't ask how I wanted the steak cooking, it's served how they think is best and it was perfect. The steak was so soft that a normal dinner knife easily cut through it.

Luckily I'm going back to Tuscany in August and will come here again.

1  Thank OriginalDrGonzo