“Worth a Stay”

Hilton Garden Inn Lecce
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Lecce
Reviewed 16 April 2011

My wife and I live in Italy and did a two-night stay in Lecce with our 18-year old daughter. We were given a room with twin beds but they were more like doubles, so it was easy for my wife and I to share one. The room was spacious enough for the three of us and had the standard HGI appointments (refrigerator, desk, wireless and wired internet), but no microwave. There is a hotel shuttle that can take you into the town of Lecce, but we elected to walk - it was a pleasant walk and not too far. The hotel is pretty new and very clean. There is a gym free to hotel guests - it is reasonably equipped but a bit undersized. There is also a Spa in the hotel but it requires separate payment (a bit of a disappointment since the pool was also closed until summer), The breakfast was really nice; dinner was OK.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank sheiksan

Reviewed 3 December 2010

We spent four nights in this hotel during our vacation. The hotel is quite new and, while we were there, not busy (except for the wedding reception they hosted one night). It is located outside the old (walled) portion of the city but it took us only about 20 minutes to walk to the central Piazza Sant'Oronzo along a fairly direct route. Buses and taxis (about 10 euro) also make short work of the distance to the train station (on the opposite side of town). Since not many of the cabbies speak English here, be sure they understand which "Hilton" you're asking for.
The hotel rooms are comfortably large, well-kept and typical of what you would expect from a Hilton. They have the requisite bells and whistles including free wi-fi, a small fridge, flat screen tv, and a spotless bathroom with a great shower. The bed was very comfortable. The hotel is located in a residential area across the street from a park so we found it quite quiet with little traffic noise. There is a pool and a large deck on the roof next to the spa.
The staff speak good English and are very helpful. For example, one day my wife tried to run a load of laundry through the washer (apparently a first) and had problems. Soon about half the staff were involved in trying to figure out how to run the washer. In order not to inconvenience us, the hotel housekeeper offered to do our laundry instead. It arrived a few hours later cleaned and pressed at no charge. Thank you, Hilton, for excellent customer service and for a lovely stay.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Holey-soles
Reviewed 28 September 2010

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Lecce just for 1 night at the end of August. I would have loved to stay there longer, as I din't have the time to take advantage of all the wonderful services that this hotel offers.
The rooms are very spacious and beautifully, modern furnished. Bathroom was huge with a nice shower.
We didn't have breakfast, as we left early in the morning. The room only rate was Euro 63,00 which is extremely cheap in comparison to what the hotel offers.
Of course one might say that there has to be a "why" it is so cheap. The only possible reason might be, that it is a bit outside town. It is about 15 - 20 minutes walk to the city center of Lecce (which you shouldn't miss). At the reception I saw, that there is also a shuttle bus going to the city center but you have to reserve it in advance.
I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anybody staying in Lecce

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Zetti
Reviewed 26 August 2010

A few months ago I was assigned to a project which required me to go to Lecce at least once a week. The research for a business friendly hotel wasn’t very easy, the hotels were either very elegant but not business friendly or just not good enough. I found the newly opened Hilton Garden Inn and I was very happy with it. The hotel isn’t exactly central but given the size of the town it takes only 15 minutes to walk to Piazza Sant Oronzo and that could be a plus when you have a good dinner.

The hotel is new, the rooms are very big and comfortable and the price/quality ratio is very good. The rooms have all internet access and they provide a desk and all of the tools that a business traveler need. The hotel is equipped with a business center which saves me from going to the lobby with my usb key asking to print my papers.

The rooftop pool has an amazing view, the only downside are the hours (open from 10 to 18) which are not exactly accessible to who is there for business. Though the gym is open 24h and is well equipped; right next to the hotel there is a running track which has free access.

When I tried the restaurant I expected high prices and small portions instead I was surprised by the quality of the food and for the good size portions.
Personally I made the Hilton Garden Inn of Lecce my home when I’m there and I suggest it to whoever is planning a trip in that beautiful city.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank LScrocca
Reviewed 22 July 2010

The ultramodern Hilton provides complimentary wi-fi, an i-pod connection and a free shuttle bus should you wish to avoid the twenty minutes walk into the historical centre. The rooftop swimming pool signifies how the hotel is aimed squarely at the business traveller rather than families - it's attractive, comfortably furnished but lacking an area for children and short on shade. That said, we very much enjoyed our stay here and the staff were very helpful, with excellent English. If you want a quiet hotel with a pool and within easy reach of the centre - and you don't want to pay five star prices - from what I've seen this may well be your best bet.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Paul_Letters
Hilton Garden I... L, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hilton Garden Inn Lecce, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2014

Dear Customer,
thank you for your positive comment: our commitment is gratified by the appreciation of our guests and their suggestions.
We trust in your next stay.
Sincerely

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lecce
4.9 km away
34.4 km away
Hotel Residence Nemo
Hotel Residence Nemo
#7 of 17 in Brindisi

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Lecce? Share your experiences!