We stayed here for three nights and wow, were we well taken care of by one of the most friendly, smiling and helpful staff in Italy!
Three Best things:
1. The food. The hotel serves a delicious traditional italian breakfast. In addition, they have "aperitivo" 6-9 pm everyday at the hotel. In italy this means that you Order at least one drink and you have access to a buffet (this one is one of the best ones and perfect if you want to taste some italian appetizers)
2. The staff: so friendly and hwlpful no matter what you ask them for they are so patient, and honest. One example, i forgot something extremely valuable in my room
After checking out- the staff ran after me to Ensure I didnt forget it! You feel safe in Lavagna and at hotel ancora- you are in good hands!
3. the rooms: clean, airconditioned and modern for italian standard (ive been travelling quite a lot around italy). Cleaning staff is extremely professional, great at cleaning and friendly
Things to consider:
- Wifi wasnt always on top when all guest were using it- but worked well when people were asleep.
Our comment: hey, what can you expect-the hotel does have wifi but not perhaps in the speed that you are used to but we could send and receive images and chat via apps.
And remember- you are on vacation in Italy! We didnt mind and it did NOT impact our trip negatively.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ancora Riviera Hotel is located in a truly splendid setting, in the magical Tigullio Gulf. Situated at the tourist port of Lavagna, it looks out onto the sea and is only a stone's throw from the long and expansive beaches of the Italian Riviera. The hotel has recently been renovated and offers a refined and welcoming environment, which is relaxing and informal. It is ideal for those who would like comfortable accommodation having docked at the well-equipped Lavagna's marina. To make guests' stay most pleasant, the hotel offers the famous American Bar, a Swimming Pool, a Solarium and the Technogym Fitness Club. Private car parking, around 50 metres from the hotel. Lavagna was recently awarded the 2014 Blue Flag, which is a prestigious label given out by the Foundation for Environmental Education to localities which are distinguished for the quality of their beaches and waters. The hotel is 30 km from Genoa, 50 km from the Cinque Terre and just 15 km from Portofino, one of the most famous and exclusive tourist spots in the world. Thanks to convenient rail and sea links, the hotel is in an ideal location for those who want to visit the beautiful sites of the Tigullio Gulf and the Cinque Terre, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, lastminute.com.au, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Ancora Riviera reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.