“Quality food is a nice little harbour ”
Review of Da Meino

Da Meino
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 August 2015 via mobile

This is the best of the three Meino restaurants on the island (we tried all three). The other two are ok but here the food seems more varied and inventive. Fish as always is a bit expensive, but I recommend the mixed grilled fish for two or the fish pasta - enjoy!

Reviewed 8 September 2014

nice location for a nice restaurant. Good quality fish dishes, particurarly the PASTA with mixed fish is really really delicious. If a want to find something negative to underlyingare the prices. We did pay for PASTA and fried fish,wines ad small dessert almost 50euro.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

Well, Fabio is certainelly the most service minded, quality and detailed obsessed restaurant owner in Giglio.
Great fritto di Paranza and alici marinate and lovely wine card.
especial thanks to the young commited waiters..!!

Reviewed 9 June 2013

We decided to try Da Meino at lunchtime one day while on the island of Giglio. We were seated immediately and the waiter brought us a bottle of water. So far, so good. We ordered a starter and a primo, and some house wine. The tomatoes on our bruschetta were mushy and flavorless. Flavorless tomatoes are understandable; mushy tomatoes are not. Then the house wine was served, with the same ritual as if we had ordered an actual bottle of wine - this isn't really a criticism, but it was certainly odd. The primo we selected was spaghetti alle vongole. We thought that this would surely be a safe choice at a restaurant at the main port of an island in the Tyrrhenian Sea... right? Wrong! The clams were fine, and the pasta was cooked perfectly, but the sauce was awful: greasy and oily. We decided against a secondo, paid the bill, and fled the restaurant in a desperate search for some gelato to get the bad taste out of our mouths. It's safe to say that we won't be returning.

1  Thank px1000
Reviewed 29 April 2013

My Husband is a big fan of this place. It doesn't always translate to a successful meal but in this case, I agree with him. We didn't book a table (a mistake, if you want to eat here, you need to book) but we got lucky and a table became available within 10 minutes. We were sat and the obligatory bread you didn't ask for, want nor will eat but you will be charged for arrives (everywhere are big fans of the stuff), drinks orders were taken and a bottle of water arrives, either still or sparkling to your taste. Again you pay for the water but it seems obligatory so if you don't want it, say no.
I had the prosciutto and melon for starters, my husband the mussels. The mussels are outstanding, the best I've ever tasted. Starters were €10 & €12 respectively.
Mains, I had a tuna steak medium, my husband the spaghetti pasta with seafood. My tuna was lovely, lemony, oiley, just the way I like it. We had chips and a salad as sides, the chips are fantastic, the salad is just leaves and tomatoes, I wouldn't order this again for €4 if I'm honest. The mains were €16 & €18 which I thought was reasonable given the standard of the meal.
All in all, 2 courses and an alcoholic drink each, the total was €75. The waiter knows my Husband and said he was applying a discount so the final amount was €70. Given the other restaurants I've eaten in on Giglio, this is far superior and is on par price wise. I don't think it's overly expensive at all. We left a decent tip as the service was outstanding.
My only criticism was the restaurant is very loud but that's the Italian way and you can't do much to control this! Will definitely return, it's my new favourite restaurant now. On this I will for once agree with my Husband!