“Creative Italian dishes”

Enoteca Ristorante Fufluns
Ranked #43 of 449 Restaurants in Grosseto
Price range: USD 9 - USD 56
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

We spotted this restaurant through the TripAdvisor app, conveniently looking for a place outside the top 10 for Grosseto to as to avoid too many tourists (like ourselves :)). We were attracted by the reviews and photos of the dishes. The place completely fulfilled our already high expectations. I won't go into the details of every dish we had, but they were the most creative Italian dishes we had on our Tuscan holiday so far, all fresh and based on local products either from the nearby sea or from farms from the area. Our still young kids likewise had a marvelous gastronomic experience, believe me kids are completely open to more complex dishes, it's mostly the parents who think they only like pizza. Staff was extremely hospitable, English speaking as well. Thanx for the great evening!

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

We've known Carlo for several years, at the Fiumara Beach restaurant where he never failed with his wine and food recommendations.

Last October he and his partner opened this restaurant on a small square in Grosseto. Here they serve well prepared, creative takes on locally sourced food, together with (lesser known) fine wines from all corners of Italy.

Great to have another restaurateur in the neighborhood with a passion for good food and fine wines!

Reviewed 5 July 2017

I was tasting Maremma wines yesterday around Grosseto and also decided to go into the center of the town to see the historical district and possibly have lunch. As I was wandering around I saw a very pleasant looking enoteca which was Ristorante Fufluns.

I told my host that I had been tasting wines at some of the Tenutas (estates) in the area but also wanted to experience a wider selection of Maremma wines and that he could choose what he thought was most interesting. He chose three local and less prominent producers for me which were a range of blends including Sangiovese, Merlot, Syrah, and Cabernet Sauvignon and all three were very well made, perfectly balanced, and also very interesting (and very inexpensive too!).

Overall my host was very friendly and helpful and he also included a sampling of two very interesting local olive oils. My lunch was also delicious with very fresh ingredients and so I would highly recommend Ristorante Fufluns to anyone visiting Grosseto for either just wine tasting or also a nice meal.

Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

Since we drove by the town, TripAdvisor gave us the recommendation - and what a lovely surprise. A genuine 5-course dish, with local flavours and true home made style with a fine exquisite touch. The waiter was charming, efficient and spoke English good. The wine - of course - was excellent, very nicely presented (background story, type of grape, etc.) by a dedicated wine-master. We highly recommend the place.

Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

Actually It is not our first experience in this restaurant.
We tried It first time for an easy lunch but we fell in love with this cooking at once!
The real surprise came out for dinner when we had time to try a la carte menu..... exquisite food, great flavours, wonderfully presented.
Knowledgeable sommelier had lots of time for us suggesting amazing wine selections.
Not to miss fish crudités the best I have had in a long time.
And what can I say about foie gras? A burst of flavour!

Thank a lot for the splendid experiences
See you soon!