See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 June 2016 via mobile

Lovely small hotel very comfortable near the beach .Very friendly and helpful lady running the hotel We really recommend it very good value
They have their own car park Hotel is very clean and in a lovely area Gardini Naxos is well worth a visit lovely mountain view in the background
Irish Couple

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2014

The hotel was ok and the room which we had with my girlfriend was semi clean and had a balcony to the sea. The owners Maria and Roberto seemed nice. What I didn't like so much were the depression which was all around them. They told us about their personal problems which were kind a deep and I don't feel that you should share that kind of information with your clients.

We checked out 3 days before time because we wanted to go to Palermo. I didn't even ask about a compensation about checkin out earlier from a fully paid room. I told them that you can rent the room forward and earn a bit extra.

When checking out they gave me a bill about the breakfast. I had the understanding that it's free. They invited us to it and never said a word that it has an extra cost. The quality of the breakfast was really bad. Usually I just had coffee and came to Internet (which didn't work in our room). 6 euros from that per head was like putting a middle finger in your face. I paid biting my teeth and that made the whole experience bad.

Surely not going there again!

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I'll start with the positives, my twin room was clean, tidy and the bed was quite good. Especially the old woman who i think is the owner was really friendly and nice, but she spoke only Italian.

The downsides makes a longer set, location is in the middle of Naxos and the noise of cars and wasted travellers by night makes it impossible to sleep well. You have to pay extra for breakfast (6€) and a/c. Opening balcony doors is not a good idea by night because of constant noise and exhaust fumes getting in. The twin room is incredebly small for two people, there is too little space all in all. I also felt from time to time that the man working in the hotel had some bad days and lacked of any kind of customer service attitude.

I will not come to Naxos again, but if I would return I would prefer to stay in Taormina.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 August 2012

This is a very small and a very basic hotel. Don't expect to get more than a tiny room, a bathroom (and a balcony facing the street with lots of traffic noise). There is no internet. The breakfast is not included. Do not even dream about a fridge. You have to pay extra - 8 EUR per night/12 hours - for the air conditioning which is essential during the hot summer months (the temperature could not be controlled). I did not even dare to ask how much a safety box or TV would have cost (there was a TV in the room but no remote control). The location is very central but you get traffic noise for it, day and night. Take ear plugs with you. A big plus is that the hotel has obviously been renovated recently and the rooms are very clean, nothing was broken and the balcony doors / windows were brand new. The size of my room was six square meters: the smallest hotel room I've ever seen. The staff spoke fluent Italian. I would recommend this place for one or two nights stay, not more. Two points for this two-star hotel.

Room Tip: No restaurant, no pool
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 August 2011

Stayed here for a week in august 2011 and will never return again, not even if the stay was for free... Hotel is in the centre of the boring city Giardini Naxos, so there is noise coming from screaming children and the beloved italian scooters and cars, hitting the gas 24/7, so if you plan for a relaxing holiday, this is not the place to stay. Hotel offers air condition, but for this service you have to pay 10 euros pr day and breakfast is 6 euros, don't bother to eat it, no selection, and they mostly serve cake at their breakfast buffet. Other thing was that they never came to clean the room and when we asked for toilet paper, it took them several days and we had to remind them again and again. Hotel is family owned, so the lobby is packed with their own children, maybe because it was summer holidays. What you also miss would maybe be a fridge, in the summer heat you have no chance of storing cool drinks, so you non stop have to go to the local supermarkets, be aware that these shops have siesta, meaning that they are closed from 12.30-16.30, what is up with that?? All in all, very dissapointed and Giardini Naxos is a touristy place, with a small selection of restaurants, and they only serve either pasta or pizza, and too many scooters and cars hitting the streets, who taught italians about driving behaviour anyway?? So after almost a week here, we are more than looking forward to going home, and finally getting a good nights sleep...Only plus was that they had free wireless at this place..

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple