“Price of meal was high but service very bellow expectation”
Review of Ristorante MeliNeri - CLOSED

Ristorante MeliNeri
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 October 2016

I was unfortunately very disappointed. The very first problem in my experience was the white wine. Before ordering we asked if we could order two glasses of wine as opposed to the full bottle, something typical when a bottle is too much and you are driving. Well the answer was yes but the result was that two glasses of white wine were brought without you being asked to David they were just dumped in frontof us and the wine as nothing but terrible. The smell as strong and unpleasant the taste was awful. We both left the full glasses of wine on the table untouche. I ordered a risotto of shrimps and wondered if the wine we got whose bottle we did not see was not perhaps the wine e used to make the risotto. I must say whatever we were served I would not use to make a risotto. We ordered two different anti pasti to experiment the two of us. The antipasti were both excellent very very pleasing, but here we had asked to be able to divide the dishes and I was forced to ask the restaurant to bring us two extra plates so that we would not be both eating from the same plate. We were given the two plates but when asked for them we got the suggestion why do you not both eat a first one half from a plate and then handover that plate to the other person. So though they were very well cooked this was already a bad impression. Finally the main courses. A dish of pasta and a shrimp risotto. The presentation of both dishes was fantastic. However,. My risotto of shrimps had two problems. First the shrimps did no have the poop on the back of the shrimp removed. This is something I find unacceptable at a restaurant that costs this much and has this level of good prezentation of. The dishes. If you want to remove the dark thing yourself on a shrimp wrapped on risotto cream it is not easy... Nowadays you can buy frozen shrimp that already comes with the thing taken out, you would expect the same to be done on the 6 or 7 gamberini they put on a risotto. The second problem of the risotto was that the shrimp were, I believe, not well cooked. It felt as if the shrimp had not been cooked on a pan on the side of the risotto but instead, to save time or oven fires they were cooked together with the rice. I had that impression already at therestUrant but this morning I am still struggling with the digestion of the dish from last night. This experience coated 50 euros, and for 55 I had a fantastic meal in talking. So for me this was a definite fail. The restaurant does look like it can be good if they decide to serve the client properly. I was not even asked why have the two of you left the both glasses of wine empty? I think they knew exactly what they gave us and did not wish for an honest answer.

Reviewed 11 September 2016

As a regular on Giardini Naxos I can be quite picky when it comes to decent food. This place ticks all the boxes. Corey atmosphere, attentive service and tasty food stamps a reasonable price.
The pasta alla Norma is delicious here.

Reviewed 1 August 2016 via mobile

Good and friendly service, nice location. Food was as to be expected. Not extremely special but good. I would recommend the place, especially for the atmosphere.

Reviewed 18 July 2016

We were at MeliNeri on the night of July 1 during the Seafood Festival. It takes place all up and down Via Tisandros. Needless to say the crowd was huge and the music was loud. The tables at MeliNeri, like all other restaurants, are in the street. Yet even with all the noise and crowd our service was very attentive. The food was excellent. We had the eggplant appetizer which was fantastic. I had the Macaroni alla Norma which I still dream about. If you visit Giardini Naxos, you will see that are about a hundred restaurants on the Via Tisandros. This is one of the better ones.

Reviewed 12 July 2016 via mobile

Good service.... But food we had wasn't to write home about... Over priced and calamari was tough and had bones in it!
A lot of the places are the same.... They just take the money but again good service here!