Hilton Giardini Naxos(Giardini Naxos)
USD 260
USD 227
Hilton
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Hotel Costa Azzurra(Giardini Naxos)
USD 102
Hotel Caesar Palace(Giardini Naxos)
USD 149
USD 145
  • Breakfast included
B&B Il Marranzano(Giardini Naxos)
USD 119
USD 256
USD 197
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 244/night.

Hotel Kalos(Giardini Naxos)
USD 204
USD 161
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Hellenia Yachting Hotel(Giardini Naxos)
All reviewstrain lineparking placeplugsluggageeurosreceptionistcerealtvbalcony
Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

This review is kind of a tale of two halves... I'll start with the good!

Check in was quick. Staff are very friendly and willing to help with any queries.

The hotel although small, is very modern. Our room was gorgeous (pictured). Had lots of storage, very clean, a nice space to relax in. We also had a very large balcony (pictured) overlooking the train track. Rooms were cleaned everyday.

The location is the reason why I booked this hotel. It is in the heart of Giardini Naxos, just at the beginning of what I would call the 'main strip'. I'll come back to location in the negatives.

Each day the hotel gives you a voucher for their section of private beach just across the road. This is handy if you don't want to walk to another section of beach or if you would rather not pay.

Hotel were happy to hold our luggage on our last day before we left for the airport.

Negatives...

We paid extra for a room with a garden view. Although our view was pretty (pictured), it overlooked a train track and adjacent apartments, not a garden. I think this is misleading.

Breakfast was very limited. No bread (only mini bread rolls). No toaster. No hot food.

The location as mentioned above is good. However, we did most of our socialising up the far end of the 'strip' where the main bars/beach clubs are. It's about a 10/15 minute walk to this area however, there didn't seem to be many hotels up that end.

The hotel was very very noisy. I've read below complaints about the noise of the train but I didn't find that too bad. Our neighbours were EXTREMELY noisy. The doors need to be slammed almost to close and the neighbours door was constantly slamming from 7am. The hotel is very echoey and this made the noise worse. I actually didn't sleep well at all here unfortunately because of the noise.

TV has lots of channels but not one English Channel apart from Paramount which occasionally had an English movie on.

I really liked this hotel but would only stay again if the noise was dealt with as I was exhausted leaving.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel as a last minute booking, so didn't have much choice as most hotels in the area were fully booked. Wow I was so impressed.
The hotel is very clean and modern inside. Right on the beach with a private lido in giardini.
The staff are very helpful and friendly. Also helped me and my friends with parking nearby.
I travel to Sicily every summer and I will be staying at this hotel next year- I have stayed in hotels in giardini before and this one in my opinion is the best.
To all the staff at Hotel San Giovanni. Grazie tanto. E ci vediamo prossima estate 2018.
Antonella

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Remember earplugs!!! Noise, noise - Extremely noicy place of hotel, do not expect to fall a sleep before the music close at 1.30-2.00 at night. So many cars, dogs that are barking all night long, motorcyckles, cars that just hunk all the time all night and a church where the Bells are ringing from 7 in the morning! NO parking - you have to pay 10 euro a Day to park the Car a bit from the hotel up a Hill. But the manager was helpfull about the parking. But it would be to difficult to park outside the hotel!
I did not want to stay at all... but unfortunately I booked it non refundable! We had booked 4 nights but after 3 i had to leave to a more quite place.
They have a Private Beach BUT this also cost a lot of Money!!!! 10 Euros for 2 beds and a umbrella, and I already paid 230 euro a night for the hotel, which i think is very expensive - when the hotel has nothing except breakfast. No garden, to toproof garden, no pool, and the room I got was a panoramic seaview! Please look at the pictures, that is not a panoramic sea view and no balcony, just a red roof to look at! They said I could pay 200 euros for 2 room facing (garden) but There is a train running in the back of the hotel and they say that it was even worse. But the manager didn't even try to help me with a new room!
SO bad customer service. The first night I stood in the reception nearly going crazy about the noise asking for earplugs, which they did not have. The only nice thing to say about this hotel is that the room was nice, because it was not Sicilian style but more up to date and the shower was fine. And you are just in the middle of the City which is only restaurants and ICE-cream shops !

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2017

This hotel is in a good location right on the strip of Giardini-Naxos.
My wife and I ( Mario and Lidia) are from Toronto and stayed in this hotel for a two nights in July 2017 with friends of ours from Thunder Bay.

There is easy access to the beach across the street. The rooms were very comfortable and the staff was very friendly and helpful. There are several places to eat and drink nearby and a nice promenade along the beach. If you are going to see Taormina, the bus stops right across the street from the Hotel. This Hotel offers you the best of Taormina with a quiet place to relax in the evening. You can have best of both worlds.

We plan on returning to Sicily with our daughter in August and plan on staying here again.

We highly recommend staying here.

We all loved it.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mari0palerm0
Reviewed 6 December 2016

My mother and I stayed in this hotel for a few nights in September and loved the easy access to the beach across the street. The rooms were very comfortable, but it was hot while we were there and since the electricity in the rooms goes off when you leave the room with your key, it was hard to keep the rooms (we had two) cool while we were gone. My mother's room was a balcony room with ocean view and it was much hotter than mine, presumably because it faced the sun. My room was tucked in the back and stayed much cooler during the day.
But aside from the temperature, the rooms were good and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Parking around the corner wasn't too inconvenient (we took taxis up into Taormina anyway...that's a pretty tricky drive). There are several places to eat and drink nearby and a nice promenade along the beach. If you are going to see Taormina, I would recommend just staying up there. But if you want to relax by the beach, this is a good option.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family