All reviews spa and indoor pool superior room views terrace lake
Reviewed 16 August 2018

A quirky hotel that could be the set of a Busby Barclay musical set in the 1930's or 1940's. Although the furniture and furnishings are dated, they are not unpleasant. The road up to the hotel is narrow but managable.

There is plenty of car parking.

There is also a lovely pool outside as well as a spa and indoor pool.
The rooms were small but clean. Airconditioning worked well and the bed was comfortable.

We decided that it was too hot to walk down to the village, and walk back up a steep hill afterwards, so we decided to eat at the hotel. The set meal for dinner was ok but nothing special. However the views are spectacular over the lake.

Be aware that the traffic around this area is solid in high season.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

On arrival the hotel appeared quite beautiful and has the potential to be a great stay I’m sure. However the staff were cold and unhelpful and the rooms lacked all amenities, as far as not even a towel! Our toiletries consisted of 2 bars of soap. Not even a glass in the room for water or any standard hotel amenities. Empty fridge which was off anyway.
Our floor by the entrance to our room was covered in small pieces of sharp metal where they had obviously done some sort of drilling work. We could not have walked barefoot in the room until this was cleaned, and on showing and informing the staff of this we were told that’s just how it is we could just clean it. After we stared blankly he half offered he could try and find someone to clean it up for us.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

Beautiful view on the lake, big park with 2 swimming pools (1 outside and 1 inside) and a SPA.
Confortable room wih a balcony for each room. 2 parkings and a restaurant that we didn't test because at 10mn walking you have riviera and a lot of very good typical italian food.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

I am here on a congress down at the seafront. First impression on entering is very impressive, with a beautiful garden and terrace. But the rooms are terrible. Poor beds. The bathroom hasn't been corrected since the 80s. I am really happy I didn't bring my wife. The breakfast is a far below what one would expect these days. It's even impossible to iron a shirt after 1400. Don't come here. You will be disappointed. If I had paid for this my self I would be very angry.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Erling B
Reviewed 4 September 2017

My parents stayed for the weekend as a present for my mother birthday from me and my brother. They were enchanted! The hotel and the room were perfectly well maintained and even better-looking than what pictures would show. They got upgraded to a superior room as reception knew it was a special occasion. Dinner and breakfast were superb and the staff treated them like vip guests! Everyone was lovely and gentle at all times. They had the time of their lives and I m so grateful to the staff who made it happen! a special thanks go to Milly at reception who helped me organizing this special weekend. I will want to go myself too, and I definitely will one day!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple