“Very nice, multi-purpose of visit ”
Review of Poiano Ristorante

Poiano Ristorante
Ranked #35 of 96 Restaurants in Garda
Price range: USD 24 - USD 82
Description: Poiano Ristorante, with a gorgeous terrace overlooking Lake Garda, offers delicious dishes of the traditional Italian and Mediterranean cuisine, made with great attention to details. The perfect place for any occasion: a cozy dinner, business meetings, corporate events, weddings and ceremonies. Quality of service and careful selection of ingredients are the main characteristics.
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

Really like this resort as has several things to do while you stay. It is near to the natural beautiful places. Really love it.

Reviewed 16 April 2018

The discreet,professional and excellent service granting the guest the feeling of being worth a special customer ,receiving a very warm welcome.
This valuable service to humanity will certainly open Maitre Carmine and his team the gate to heaven.
Stunning view over Lake Garda from the restaurant whilst enjoying excellent Italian Cuisine.
Christa & Martin

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

This restaurant has a bit of a pompous feel about it and limited buffet menu. It was fun for the kids helping themselves but we were constantly rushed with young waitresses trying to get out plates. It’s ok food and fairly expensive nothing to shout about. I had to ask several times for the wine list which surprised me especially with prices.

PoianoGarda, Ufficio Marketing at Poiano Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2018

Dear Mr Ted, thank you for your feedback about your experience at Poiano Restaurant. We hope to serve you again and better in the future. Gloria G, Ufficio Marketing

Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

We stayed here a family of 4 for a week and got the feeling we weren’t really welcome and in the end when we were allowed a table it seemed a real trial finding out what the kids could eat as no kids menu and our girls don’t eat a lot. Considering all the children in the resort and it seems to all reading reviews that it is a family friendly place .. why don’t they have a designated kids menu ?
They send over head waiter who makes a song and dance and pretends they are doing you a favour offering some tomato pasta and access to salad buffet and desert for 15 euros.
We ordered spinach and ricotta pasta for starter which tasted and looked virtually identical to the kids main meals which came out same time as our starter. There was no spinach in it and when I questioned this and I was told it was hidden in tubes of pasta which was nonsense. It tasted ok .. I just didn’t need the lecture !
Young lad came over and asked for drinks order and I said “ can we have a drinks menu and wine list please “ as amazingly wasn’t offered this before and none on table. Considering how snobby it was pretending to be this was a surprise as money seemed to be important to them more than service. Next irritant was a young girl who came over virtually as I got my starter and was trying to take away my plate . I said I would let her know when finished. She came over again and took my girlfriends plate as she still had some left and was talking and twice I glared at her during my meal to stop her taking my plate. I think she thought it was amusing but we didn’t !!
The main meal of sliced steak on a few rocket leaves with 8/10 tiny diced potatoes was nice but very small for an adult. However I guess you could then eat more salad from the buffet and eat a lot of little puddings from the buffet if that way inclined. They said the restaurant was fully booked when we asked st 4pm but to ask at 6pm as may be some tables. I went to reception at 6pm and after a call ..hey presto we had a table ! When we went in at 7pm and left at 9pm there was at least 12. x tables free! We only ate here once mainly because of the mystery of the kids menu and the heavy influence of German foods on the buffet ie: pork and fish.
In summary this restaurant thinks it is much better than it is as do a few of the staff. We ate in Garda 6 tines and every time it was cheaper , better , friendlier and less clicks and all catered much better for children with kids menus.
Despite all this it is still average but could be much much better and has a lovely setting.

Reviewed 6 January 2017

Great place to eat, with the hotel resort also very good.
The menu is very good and offers opportunity to try things you wouldn't perhaps select otherwise. Their house wine is also superb.
Staff were very helpful.