“Pure cooking from the heart”

Agriturismo San Lorenzo
Ranked #2 of 84 Restaurants in Fiuggi
Price range: USD 29 - USD 41
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations
Description: Country House with in-house prepared dishes (Italian Regional Cuisine). All made with local products.
Reviewed 3 September 2017

If you want a meal made with largely homegrown or artisan sourced produce and cooked with love then you need look no further. The decor is homely, but then you aren't coming here to be wowed by high-end interior design, if you are then your expectations haven't been set at the right level. The atmosphere is very much that of a family home and you can see the love, care and attention that goes into the cooking.

To call the antipasti buffet an antipasti buffet is something of a disservice as it is so extensive that it really is a feast in its own right. There was a plethora of beautiful vegetable based dishes with some standout items being a simple leaf salad that shone because of the quality of the produce, a sort of ratatouille (made from all of their own vegetables) cooked en papillote and a tart made with courgettes and their flowers. Whilst the style of the dishes is very much home cooking (and they do not pretend that they are aiming for Michelin star quality) they are home cooking of the highest level. All of the dishes were perfectly seasoned and executed. An order for a choice of pasta dishes - if you have any room left after the buffet - is taken and a sort of gnocchi with cime di rape and a spaghetti cacio e pepe stood out. After all of this a small selection of desserts is also available. The antipasti plus a pasta is extremely reasonably priced (EUR 25) for the quality and quantity of food that is available.

The whole operation from kitchen to table is run by the family; if you come here expecting restaurant service from a restaurant brigade in the kitchen then this isn't for you. If you want to feel as if you are eating in someone's home and enjoying the food that they love to cook then you will enjoy this. The pace is relaxed simply because there are only one or two people in the kitchen.

We enjoyed our first dinner here so much that we returned a couple of days later. On the same trip we ate at several 1* and 2* restaurants yet our dinners here are still very much in our memory for how home grown produce full of flavour and prepared simply makes for a very satisfying dinner. It is increasingly rare to find food that is truly cooked and served from the heart; it was so enjoyable that I would consider a detour to Fiuggi just to dine here!

1  Thank IntlTraveller21stc

Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

Perfect in everything: the location, the cusine, the hotel, the facilities, the people. I was there with my family for Christmas and I would definitely suggest it to anyone who asks!

Reviewed 18 June 2015

My husband and I stayed in this beautiful villa for 2 days beginning of June....what can I say the whole experience was so wonderful!! Being Italian myself I am very critical when it comes to Italian food and my expectations were very high but I had nothing to worry about this time round as the food that was served in this restaurant or as I prefer to call it" this warm and welcoming house" was totally beyond my expectation!!!
The starters were brought out and laid onto a big table (what a sight to see!), what I loved was that the food was presented to us, explaining what each dish was and where the main ingredients had been sourced, all local produce and vegetables were grown in the Azienda itself!
Ricotta, buffalo mozzarella, all different cheeses ,cured ham, bruschetta (olive oil particularly good), so many different vegetables and then came the pies (torte rustiche) exceptionally good!!
After eating just the starters we were full and very very happy! We were approached by the owner that asked if we would like to order the mains, we had to decline as we had had a feast with the starters alone.
I had just a little room left for a dessert, the order was promptly taken an 10 minutes later we were presented with what I would call "heaven on a plate!" and it was just that!!!! A seasonal berry meringue made by Francesco(owner) himself!!!
All I can say is this place offers food at its best, do not hesitate on staying here or just eating in this splendid villa!
We cant wait to go back and we wish you all the best in the future as it is very well deserved, I hope many more people get to experience the same things we did!!
A massive thank you to you all!!

2  Thank Filly B
Reviewed 18 June 2015

What a fantastic time we had at San Lorenzo, the food was excellent, all fresh, home cooked and seasonal and more than enough to go around for everyone there. Nothing was too much trouble for the hosts. Plenty of space to chill out and chat before your meal. So much to look at, with it being a family home full of history and character. I recommend this to everyone who visits the area to book a meal here, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 5 February 2015

I spent 2 weeks in San lorenzo that was really good.
Apart of the beautiful and peaceful place, the family was real charming and caring that made me feel like I was born there!
Food was simply delicious all home-made with lots of different options even vegetarian, gotta be honest, never tasted such delightful veggie food!
I couldn't say it is a bad place cause I really enjoyed my stay!
I truly recommend it if you like to enjoy time for yourself and yours.
Thanks and regards from London .