“Excellent place in Erice”

La Pineta Park Hotel
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Erice
Reviewed 31 May 2017

Beautiful location in a beautiful town. Very quiet and the place has plenty of character. Rooms were clean, showers worked perfectly and the morning breakfast was, by Italian standards, very good too. The parking is included. I do not give 5 points due to WIFI deficiencies. They only have Wifi around the reception but then it is not consistent. I don't know if this is a problem of the hotel or a general problem with bandwidth around this old town.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed 25 May 2017

Really incredible location off beaten path with amazing views from your porch. Comfortable room and great beakfast. Staff helpful and great value. Make sure hot water tak is on when you check in or you have to ait for 2 hours and check shower stall for cleanliness. Our tank was off since we changed rooms beacuse the first shower had a bit of mould on the grout.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 November 2016 via mobile

The place is really nice, with breathtaking views. We particularly enjoyed how it seems to fit into the background and how calm it is. The staff was all very nice and spoke good English.
However, we were there during some rainy days which meant a lot of humidity and cold. We kept the old ac unit going the whole time in the room and got as many blankets as possible. Overall it felt like the room/wc could use some renovation and maybe some work on the isolation. But in warmer/drier weather I think it must be great stay.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

As I first arrived I was delighted to see that there were seperate small houses as rooms, but I also soon found out that because of this the Internet was only available at the entrance restaurant. The Internet did work though, so that was good. The room I was in was a good size, had a television with a minibar under it, a large, comfortable bed and a bathroom with a toilet, sink and a shower. I found the shower a bit too small though, but it did the job. The view was quite good too. Later that day I found an ant in my room. Naturally, I squashed it. The next morning I was sitting on the toilet as a wood louse scuttled across the bathroom. I just sat there. Throughout the day I found many more ants in the room, which I all squashed. But they kept coming and coming. During the night of my final day I lifted the garbage can, and found that the ants were huddling under it, using the bin as a hiding spot. There were around 5-10 there. Whilst in the process of squashing the garbage can ants I also found out that the ants were coming in through a small hole in the bottom of the wall. I gave up and went to sleep. Well, there you have it. My stay had quite a lot of insects involved (around 20 ants lost their lives). Please note that my name on the internet is anonymous.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 November 2013

We stayed here as a three night stop over for our honeymoon. We stayed in one of the small lodges (large bedroom and bathroom and own balcony). We arrived in the dark - Erice is full of tiny cobbled streets - hotel was easy enough to find and well signposted.

Receptionist was very welcoming and let us leave our bags in reception so we could go straight to dinner (long drive!). The restaurant did not have a particularly great ambience. This could be as the place is used a base for small conferences and groups so the general vibe was functional dining. The staff were very professional and over the three nights we got to know some of them well and they were great fun. The food was delicious and the expresso's the best that we had on our whole honeymoon.

We woke up to an absolutely stunning view from the room, absolutely breathtaking.

The hotel is well placed to explore Erice from and only a five to ten minute walk from the cable station.

There was an English speaking lady at reception during the day who was very helpful and helped us with any information that we needed.

The decoration in the rooms , particularly the bathroom was dated, but the views and beautiful setting of the hotel more than made up for this.

Recommend a stay there!