“Great grilled food”

Price range: USD 31 - USD 63
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 September 2016

After seeing the reviews on trip advisor, we decided to give it a try. I ordered the grilled fish plate, which consisted of salmon and swordfish. It was excellent.

Reviewed 5 September 2016

We tried to get in the prior night and it was 9pm, so too late for them to seat us. We walked in, didn't call ahead as we just arrived in town. No big deal, made a reservation for the next day.

We started with a ravioli app - pecorino and honey filled with a cranberry thyme butter sauce- the best part of the meal. We then had a grilled veggie platter and a special which was a filet with polenta and crimini mushrooms. The filet was average. The grilled veggies could have been cooked more.

The turn around time was slow. We requested all of our items to be served at one time and it was not.

I do want to add that while we were waiting for our food, where we were seated, you could see the grill area. The chef disappeared for a while and everything on the grill was in flames, People sitting closer waved over wait staff as the fire was getting quite large. Once the chef returned, it appeared that he had to discard what was on there. We also saw that someone sitting near us sent their steak back to be cooked more. It seemed like that may have backed up the grilling portion of the meal and may be why my veggies were underdone-veggies were one of the things that he discarded.

The waitress was very pleasant and apologized for the delay but it did seem as if she was covering a lot of tables and running like crazy.

Many of the other dishes that I saw go past me looked good. I don't know if we would return or not but I think we may have just had bad luck with the grill fire causing a less than expected experience based on other reviews.

Reviewed 2 August 2016

This restaurant was suggested by our host at La Tranquilite. We thought this was the finest restaurant in Corvara. The service was excellent and the menu had very interesting and wonderfully prepared regional food. The first night I had a venison loin cooked perfectly and the second visit, I had the suckling pig loin that was excellent as well. The wine selection gave us the opportunity to experience some great regional wine as well.

Reviewed 25 July 2016

service was pretty fast, food delicious, a wide choice of wines, waiter friendly, prices acceptable (like anywhere in the village)

Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

We stayed in Corvara for 7 nights and dined here twice. Both times we went for different meals. First night threes courses starting with soup and ending with strudel. All perfect sized meals. The second time we decided to do the two person mixed grill. The serving for the mixed grill could have done a family of 4. The meat cooked exceptionally well, tender and full of flavour. It certainly could have been half the size and still been a good serving. I would have preferred more variety of grilled vegetables rather than the significant amount of grilled meat offered in this dish. The staff are friendly and the trattoria was full on each occasion, with a good mix of locals and holiday makers. The menu offers a good variety of food.