All reviews ski holiday days skiing minute walk town centre the bus gondola meats faloria tidy region inghams
Reviewed 7 July 2015

This hotel really grew on me during our 4 day stay. We were there to go climbing/via ferrata and found the staff very friendly and attentive. They went out of their way to make our stay pleasant (eg dried our wet clothes after a hail storm).

The rooms were a good size, clean, king size bed, shower/bath, fridge/mini bar (perfect for storing food for pack lunch!) and balcony. Our friends room was huge! Free parking on site and free wifi were a bonus too.
The free sauna and steam room were fantastic and we only needed to let them know when we wanted to use it. If we had more time (and energy) we would have made use of the free mountain bike hire too.

The only thing which i felt let the hotel down was the breakfast. I thought it was a shame they didn't offer a fried/grilled option (they do have boiled eggs), porridge or bread. There was fruit, yogurts, cereals, meats and apricot filled croissants. I am gluten free and was given some gluten free bread but they didn't have a toaster and I couldn't eat raw gluten free bread. They then did go out of their way to buy other gluten free produce for me including crackers, cakes and biscuits.
We didn't actually eat supper at the hotel as chose to go into town instead.

It was very quiet there, just the sound of the stream/river at night and the wooden slatted blinds meant that we could have the room blacked out if we wanted to.

It is a 5-10 minute walk into town and Cortina is absolutely lovely! Set in a superb location surrounded by mountains the resort is obviously high class and there is an abundance of shops and restaurants. We also had a go at mini golf whilst we were there which was great fun.
For avid climbers, via ferrata enthusiasts and cyclists (including motorbikes) this is an ideal location and somewhere definitely worth visiting.

I think its a lovely family run business and I really enjoyed our stay..I don't know what the facilities are like for skiing/boarding (cable car opposite), but I would recommend for summer activities.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 February 2015 via mobile

We found a last min deal through igluski and inghams and booked one week ski trip to cortina to stay at barisetti. On arrival we were told our room was not ready and stayed in the chalet with another couple next door. They said they would move our stuff no problem the next day. I wasn't too happy as I wanted to unpack everything for the week but my partner was fine with it. Each day you have a wonderful choice of breakfast: cereals, milk, yogurts, jams, honey, different types of bread, biscuits, pastries, meats and cheeses, eggs. It was a great breakfast. We would ski from 9am to 4:30 pm everyday. The tofano gondola which takes you to some fantastic runs is literally next door. Therefore fantastic for that. It's a short 10 min walk to the centre of the beautiful town with designer shops. You can take 8 bus to faloria in the car park or tofano gondola and faloria has great red and black runs. We also took trips to sellaronda and hidden valley. Each evening we had a choice of a three course dinner included in our package. It was great! Service could not be faulted the staff were brilliant. Some of the choices were a little strange ie a pineapple with slices of Palma ham layered on top for a main course, although you could not fault the pasta and sometimes having the option to have a small or large main was great for me. Overall I thought the service at dinner was perfect. We made friends with another english couple who sat next to us everyday and we left having the best week of skiing ever! One other point to mention is that they only take cash for any drinks you have with dinner. We only my had mineral water thankfully therefore it was a small bill and thankfully just had enough cash left. Though you might want to check before ordering wine each night. Also the rooms were cleaned everyday. The towels could be a little softer though I was pleased with the room we had in the main hotel. Great stay at barisetti! Thank you for having us

• Stayed: February 2015
4  Thank Rachel H
Reviewed 19 January 2015

Stayed for a week skiing holiday January 2015. First impression- nice traditional hotel. On entering into a small reception area greeted by a friendly young lady who checked us in, showed us to our room & a short tour of hotel. Bedroom of average size, good storage space with TV & mini-bar. Bathroom again clean & tidy with good facilities. Over the week room was comfortable and quiet.
Nice traditional restaurant, buffet breakfast (typical Italian), 3 course evening meal a choice o 4 starters, 4 main courses & 4 desserts. I would describe as an Italian menu. Staff very pleasant.
Very convenient for Tofana cable car & ski-bus (200m). 5 minute walk into Cortina centre.
Didn't use sauna (had to book). Also had a very good games room.
One big criticism- bar only open for a few hours around the evening meal(approx. 6.30pm to 9.30pm) I expected a normal hotel bar service.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank David B
Reviewed 16 November 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 1 week in January 2014 and had a wonderful time, didn't want to leave! The food was wonderful, the staff were lovely and it was nice to stay in a hotel ran by Italians and not English, also not many English guests there which made it all the more nice. We were snowed in on the final 2 days of our stay so could not ski but Mr Barisetti was lovely and was trying all day to snow plough us out along with his staff. We finally got moved to another hotel in town by the holiday rep so that everyone on our coach transfer home and flight were together. This hotel was terrible!!!! Full of rowdy drunk English people which ruined the final part of our holiday. We would rather have stayed where we were at the lovely hotel Barisetti. Would love to go back there again some day whether in the winter or summer.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wearytraveller75
Reviewed 4 September 2014

We were on our way through the dolomites and looking for a hotel just for the night and found that excellent place with friendly and welcoming staff. The room was very quiet with a bathroom which had a real window. Walking distance to the center is 10 min. Breakfast is served in an old wooden "Gaststube" which gives a calm and relaxed atmosphere. Would definitely stay there again if passing in the region.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple