All reviews ski holiday days skiing minute walk town centre the bus gondola meats faloria tidy region inghams
Reviewed 25 June 2013

If you stay in Cortina, Hotel Barisetti is the place to stay. A charming hotel that is close to everything. Great food and excellent service provided by the owners Maximus and Elise. Breath taking views of the Dolomites from your room balconies and the sound of a mountain stream that is so beautiful right next to the hotel .

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank John_S658842
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Stayed for two nights en-route from Italy to Austria, the staff were friendly and helpful with advice as to places to visit. Food at the hotel was good and fresh. The hotel is situated a 10 minute walk from the centre of town and there are plenty of places to visit in the area. The rooms are not large but there was plenty of room with a small balcony, the only noise was from the river just below the hotel and birds singing. We visited in June and can't comment on the winter facilities but it makes an ideal base for summer walking holidays. There is no lift and we were on the first foor but the gentleman who booked us in carried the cases up.

Room Tip: First floor rooms, give good views.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rayphillips
Reviewed 27 September 2011

The staff was incredibly helpful with establishing a WiFi connection, recommending places to eat, and with directions to discover the city. The rooms were simple but very clean and well kept. We only ate breakfast there and it was fresh with plenty of choices.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor are larger but may have slanted ceilings which make it difficult for a taller person
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Traceman
Reviewed 22 February 2010

My two nights in the Barisetti were enjoyable and I'd recommend it to all my friends.
The hotel is very conveniently located about 200 meters from the Tofana cable car.
The room was good, hot water was plentiful and the staff very friendly.
Breakfast was excellent, with fresh croissants, fresh bread, good ham, cheese and salami + fresh fruit and the usual cereal/yogurt assortment.
Dinner was also good - nothing spectacular, but good solid Italian cooking.
WiFi was free when I was there, altho they seemed to be gearing up toward charging money for it.

Altogether, I'm glad that I chose the Barisetti. I didn't know about it before hitting Cortina and my instinct proved accurate in this case.

Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo
4  Thank imdfl
Reviewed 5 August 2009

I was just looking to book a hotel in Cortina and I remembered this dump. Unless it's under new management dont even think of staying here. You have to walk across a large carpark to get to the lifts so why not stay 5 mins away at a decent hotel and drive to the carpark (it nearly always has spaces anyway). I think this was possibly the worst ski hotel I have stayed at in 20yrs sking. The Italian tourist board should deport Mr Barisetti to Kazakhstan where he can deploy his dodgey attutude to guests with impunity. Actually,I bet I could find better hotels in Kazakhstan to be fair.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled with friends