See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 August 2016

Caldin's is located in the historic part of Chioggia, right accross the Basilica. The building itself is nothing special, but the view is amazing, the rooms are very nice, and the service is truly excellent.
Breakfast was not included in the price, but there was a lovely little cafe (Cafe Marconi) just on the corner (2 minutes on foot) that offered very good coffee and Italian style breakfast.
The place is since 1 August 2016 run by new management, who are very dedicated and friendly, care for every need, and speak very good English (as far as I can tell as an ESL speaker myself).

Room Tip: Choose a room with a view to the canal if you can, it's worth it.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2016

My wife and I stayed in this hotel during our visit to Chioggia for 4 nights in early June as we wanted to experience a slice of life in this wonderful town by the sea in the north of Italy . It is a short and level walk of about 15 minuets from the railway station and very easy to locate, (we are in our early 60's). The room was comfortable with good beds and kept very clean during our stay. We had a back facing room, not toward the canal located in the front of the hotel and found it to be very quiet during the evenings but not a great view. The father and son who run the hotel were very helpful dealing with an air conditioning problem we experienced, and eager to give advise about dining and sight seeing in the town. It is a very affordable hotel with a great price if you are staying in Chioggia and I would recommend it to those visiting.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2016

The room was small but modern and very clean. We had a small bathroom with a shower and great towels. The staff were very friendly and helped us by giving us tips on how to get to Venice by boat from Chioggia. There was no breakfast but we just had breakfast outside, on the terrace of a café which was just perfect. This is a simple, perfectly clean accomodation at a very reasonable price and I would certainly stay here again.

Stayed: July 2015
Reviewed 20 November 2015

We were delighted with the handsome room in Caldins at such a reasonable price. We arrived by train and it was a short, maybe 15 minute, walk from the railway station on a canal. The building was mostly condominiums with 2 floors set aside for the hotel. The room was very handsome with equally handsome bathroom and included fridge, safety deposit box, hair dryer and small packages of soaps from a herbal company. The shower was good with plenty of hot water and warm racks for the towels. The bed was also very comfortable. There was some minor noise but no real problem. I also enjoyed two good prints on the walls. No breakfast is offered but a short walk down the central arcade revealed many good and inexpensive spots for breakfast. The town is a delight with canals filled with fishing boats.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2015

Run by a father and son team who are very welcoming and forgiving as I had made a mistake in date of our arrival but they sorted this out. Best to take a room overlooking the canal. The location is very convenient as you are in the centre but can still get to it easily by car. My wife and I stayed out of season and so could park in front of the hotel. Would use them again. Chioggia is well worth a visit and far more relaxing than Venice

Stayed: October 2015